I suggest you ...

Notifications for tasks (Push, Alerts and Badges)

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, Jérôme - I'm really looking forward to this feature. I had assumed it was there, and missed a couple of reminders.

Sorry to hear your phone was stolen - hope you are enjoying your iPhone 4 by now.

• AdminJérôme Laheurte (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not yet. My 3GS was stolen so I had to go back to 3G; so I can't test the multitasking features. Experience shows that testing on a real device is a must. I'll buy myself an iPhone 4 in October, so I'll probably implement this for 3.1.

• rich zatorski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG this bites!!! Let me check into this and see if I can get you some useful info on how to do it. Keep your fingers crossed.

• rich zatorski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure that push notifications are necessary, but having reminders fire off on the phone is a great idea. Just a simple reminder like the calendar does

• AdminJérôme Laheurte (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please expand on this. A badge showing the number of overdue/due soon tasks is feasible, but push notifications (I guess you're thinking about reminders here) would need a dedicated server, which is way overkill.

Feedback and Knowledge Base