I suggest you ...

Notifications for tasks (Push, Alerts and Badges)

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, Jérôme - I'm really looking forward to this feature. I had assumed it was there, and missed a couple of reminders.

Sorry to hear your phone was stolen - hope you are enjoying your iPhone 4 by now.

• AdminJérôme Laheurte (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not yet. My 3GS was stolen so I had to go back to 3G; so I can't test the multitasking features. Experience shows that testing on a real device is a must. I'll buy myself an iPhone 4 in October, so I'll probably implement this for 3.1.

• rich zatorski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG this bites!!! Let me check into this and see if I can get you some useful info on how to do it. Keep your fingers crossed.

• rich zatorski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure that push notifications are necessary, but having reminders fire off on the phone is a great idea. Just a simple reminder like the calendar does

• AdminJérôme Laheurte (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please expand on this. A badge showing the number of overdue/due soon tasks is feasible, but push notifications (I guess you're thinking about reminders here) would need a dedicated server, which is way overkill.

Feedback and Knowledge Base