Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

304 results found

1. With release 1.3.35 I am successfully using TaskCoach in a large and ongoing project where I must periodically send an email by right-clicking on a sub-task. Once Thunderbird opens I manually fill in necessary email addresses - usually several and different per sub-task.

My suggestion is to add tokens in the description field or, better yet, a new tab for email addresses on a per task/subtask basis.

For example, potential syntax that mimics mailto syntax might be:

[mailto:to=anony1@gmail.com]
    [mailto:to=anony2@yahoo.com]
    [mailto:cc=anony3@yahoo.com]

Before invoking the email client, Taskcoach would scan the description field or the new…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello Task Coach Team,

at first, I have to mention that I am quite happy to found your neat software on the internet.
    What I am missing is a kind of quickinfo at a sidebar (for example) to get access to the major task info, when I have highlighted a task. Everytime when I want to check the elapsed project time and budget I have to double click on the task and click another time on the related tab. It would be much easier with a kind of quickinfobar.

Many thanks for your programming work!

Best regards,
    Rainer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I frequently add tasks that I consider active tasks, but I don't have a planned start date for them or I may not want to have a planned start date. I would like to have an option to default new tasks as active (rather than inactive) without having to add a planned start date.

I am aware that this currently can be done by choosing the preset option for the default planned start date, but I don't want to set a planned start date.

Please let me know if this is something you would consider adding to this awesome software.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It is great if I could add the % of completion to the main view panel to monitor th % of completion

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When we trace the effort the effort time can only is visible by going to the task edit. It was great if I could add it to the main panel to be able to see the time used for specific task

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible already, simply go to view > New Viewer > Effort to add a panel for effort view, the panel can then be dropped into place wherever you like in the main view. I put mine below the task viewer

8. When a task has a long description, it would be nice to show the entire description in a tooltip. I use Task Coach on a relativel small sreen (netbook), and this happens quite a lot. Clicking and entering takes more time. I'm not sure if this request is only for the "subject" or also (parts of) the "description" (if available). The same requests applies to the calendar view, where tasks lasting only a short period of time (think a short meeting in the "month" view) are not legible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have a lot of tasks and subtasks in my Tasks View, and it becomes hard to find those I want to update when I work on them. It would be very convenient for me if I could sort them by "Last update time". If you add this column and I can sort against this parameter, the tasks I was recently working on should be on top of the tree, allowing a quicker access.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When i go back to my computer, i want the possibility to add the time i was away to another task, than continue this task or continue what i was working on

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible. All you need to do is stop a task when you leave, and then when you come back, choose the task and make a new effort in the effort viewer or in the effort tab of the task editor, or just press ctrl-E. In the effort editor that comes up, press “start tracking from last stop time”

Cheers

11. Hello,
    can you view tasks as a week plan?
    It would be great to view projects or tasks into a daily working period.
    e.g. Monday: 8:00 to 18:00 and then drag drop tasks inte a weekly calendar format. Below a time summery would be great. e.g. i worked on Monday 4 hours on task1 and 4 hours on task2, an i want to visualize this.

what you say?
    greetz (-:

see wochenplan or weekplan in google picture search:
    https://www.google.at/search?q=wochenplan&client=firefox-a&hs=u2E&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=AZeDUfarCeaD4ATf5YDIAg&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=957#client=firefox-a&hs=92E&rls=org.mozilla:de%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=wochenplan&oq=wochenplan&gs_l=img.3..0l10.7823.8880.2.9038.10.6.0.4.4.0.108.445.5j1.6.0...0.0...1c.1.12.img.BtSJ9szvuIE&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45960087,d.bGE&fp=52d2c1521296e2e7&biw=1680&bih=957

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Gestione di più liste sulla barra nello stile con cui firefox apre più pagine nella stessa sessione

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already have multiple viewers. Just add New Viewers with the menus and you can place them in the same pane and they will be tabs.

These separate viewers can be filtered in different ways or have different columns etc.

If you want separate .tsk files open at once, vote for this request:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/408568-add-support-for-opening-multiple-tsk-files

If you want presets for different viewing options for each viewer, vote for this:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/329664-save-and-reapply-custom-layouts

Cheers,
    Aaron

13. thanks for your effort to make this very good program.
    I wish to see a hyperlink from a project to a local folder or files.
    in addition, sometimes i just want to copy any file, folder in to this program instead of browsing for an attachment.
    I also wish that you can make more fields then a gantt chart can be obtain when required.
    thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can link via attachments already. You can make attachments by simply dropping an item onto an object in Task Coach. Otherwise, please make separate feature requests for different ideas. There is no way we can consider a mix of separate ideas like this. And please search to see if there are existing requests before posting.

Cheers

14. Currently, a new task is set as inactive and it ends up being filtered out when 'Hide Inactive Tasks' is enabled. Removing the filter and searching for the new task is a bit cumbersome.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is a usefull recap at the bottom of the window (in french it is : Récap: X en dépassement, Y en retard, Z inactive, etc.). However, if you want to see quickly every "en dépassement" tasks, you have to unfold every folder one by one to see where they are.
    An automatic unfold on all "en dépassement" would help quickly see each tasks you have to do fast.
    If not, a button which would automatically fold or unfold all folders would help

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible. Here’s the details for English:

First, you can collapse or expand everything in the View > Tree Options (also keyboard shift-cntrl-E and shift-cntrl-C), but that’s not really what you want here.

Here’s what you want: You can hide and show any type of state by doing this:

1. Click the gear to customize your toolbar
    2. Add all the different hide/show buttons for every state
    3. these buttons let you hide and show any combination of states, and you can also use the “clear all filters” button to show everything. You can also shift-click on a state to show ONLY that state!
    (note: I recommend putting these buttons on the right to be separated from the action buttons on the left)

[my personal feeling is that these should be there by default, but the other developers wanted to keep things simpler and have only the inactive…

16. The new date picker is a significant improvement over the old widget, especially on Ubuntu, but could be made easier to use.

The most common use I have for changing the date for a task is procrastination--moving the date a couple of days into the future. At the end of the month this gets harder, a few days in the future is the next month.

It would be nice if Task Coach date picker took the approach of other electronic calendar selectors I've seen and showed a few days of the next month and allowed them to be selected. For…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to have new tasks automatically categorized into a defined group when creating them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already pretty simple. Click a category before creating so you are seeing only that category. All tasks made in this state will automatically be part of that category. You can select multiple categories at once and that works too.

Cheers,
    Aaron

18. Add automatic time and date stamp to the notes interface and remove the subject field (see Basecamp for example). Simplicity saves time. Currently I do not use the notes interface. Instead I use the description interface and manually add time stamp to each status note. BTW, you guys are awesome.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think your request is just a duplicate of this:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/819943-add-a-button-to-insert-date-time-in-comments-notes

So I am closing this new request.

But notice also:
    Creation date for items is now included in the latest version. You can show a column to see it if you like in various viewers, but it won’t have info for items made before this feature was added. Modification date is now added as well and will be in version 1.3.23, but you can try it now with the latest bugfix version: http://www.fraca7.net/TaskCoach-packages/latest_bugfixes.py

Cheers,
    Aaron

19. Buildlib is installed in the end-user global python namespace at the same time than taskcoachlib. This is unwanted, but the source targets rely on it, so removing it is no as trivial as editing one line in setup.py.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sync with my googledrive ,so we can keep track on the move

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this already. Just run the client software and save your .tsk file in the synced directory. Then you can open the file on any computer that has Task Coach installed and can access the Google Drive.

I do this myself with DropBox.

Note: you still can only have one Task Coach program open at a time, until this request is done:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/288999-enable-multi-user-task-management-

Also, if you were talking about syncing with the iOS client, that’s different. That won’t work with Google Drive or DropBox or anything else.
    There’s already a request though:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/23263-ios-iphone-ipod-touch-ipad-version-of-task-c/suggestions/2074645-add-some-full-cloud-sync-system

• Don't see your idea?