Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

304 results found

1. I often use the keyboard within the task list view. It would be great if sub-task views could be expanded or collapsed via a keyboard key (e.g. +/-): this is currently only possible by clicking on the [+]/[-] signs next to the tasks with the mouse

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How do I add time to a job if I'm out in the field with just my android? I can't see how to do that with todo.txt.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If a task is assigned to several (sub)categories the content of the categories column are much to long to be shown.
    Since I can't move the column to to end of the columns, just to resize it, the view of the columns in the tasks grid/tree is impratical.

So why not allowing tooltips, for those cells in the grid/tree?

The description could be shown as tooltip of the subject only!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to enter the time that the task is gonna take to accomplish without entering dates, but days or man hours. Useful for planning a new project in which you are summarizing the time of all tasks without assigning a specific start date.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make the tooltip popup window optional again. In Release 1.3.38 it has become "always enabled." I find it very annoying that whatever I'm about to click on, or trying to read, is covered up by the tooltip window. I tend to have a lot of notes in my entries, so the tooltip window can be very large. Please allow this to be turned off! Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is a nice piece of software. Good work. I think it might aid in resolving some of the outstanding feature requests if you solicit some support from the user community.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already accept donations, see http://www.taskcoach.org/

But I agree with you, there’s room for far more work to get the feature requests happening. The details are complex. But put simply, two years ago, I was just a user, I wanted the same thing, I talked about it, there was a campaign that failed, I was discussing this with a friend, and it led me to create the now-in-progress fundraising system Snowdrift.coop

It would take too long to describe here the complex issues with how to make donations more effective. See https://snowdrift.coop to read more about our proposals. Task Coach will be included as one of the first projects when we really launch. In the mean time, this is taking a lot of my time, so I personally haven’t done as much with Task Coach although I have always been only working on support and documentation and such — I’m not…

7. Currently ticking more than one category shows tasks that belong to either of them (so filtering works as "OR"). I'd like to have also "AND" operator, so that I could search for "Person X tasks in Project Y only". Switchin between "OR" and "AND" could be done by drop-down list in "Categories" viewer, similat to "Tree-List" options in "Tasks" viewer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already include this. Under the View menu, see Filter > “Filter on all checked categories”

That swaps between ALL versus ANY, and there is also an option of including this as a dropdown in the toolbar above the categories.

See otherwise this request for additional features: https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/563259-show-all-but-selected-categories?ref=title

8. Contar con un campo de estimación de tiempo necesario y que además permita la visualización de este dato en columna, así como ordenar la lista de tareas por dicho dato.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently, after a fresh start of Task Coach in Windows 7 SP1 and once I click on the tray icon to show the window, it is never well positioned, and it is never maximized, although it was maximized in TC previous session. Could you make TC store the window position AND maximized status to avoid bad positioning of the window? Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Thank you for a very useful piece of software. I have been using it for a couple of years now and would be lost without it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already how Task Coach works… Oh, I see you got confused just because the option says “date and time”, we should change that wording in the option.

11. I like a calender overview to see al the task. Like in de Mac version

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Considering the current market IOS and Android , I understand this version would be a real effort, but it would seem fair. Anyway thank you and congratulations...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable the creation of new top level categpries in the Category wibndow. Currently only subcategories can be created. This is very inconveni

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Here's how i see the problem: Task dependency (not yet implemented) partially address this, but falls short if you plan to tackle subtasks from more than one parent task in the short term. Priority is helpful, but falls short in that you have to manually go in and increase or decrease tasks one at a time to get them into an order of what you would lik

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Task dependency is implemented. It has existed for a long time. It’s called "prerequisites*. That is separate from subtasks. You can also use “planned start date” and choose to hide tasks without a planned start date. In that case, tasks that have unfinished prerequisites remain hidden until their prerequisites are done.

Besides priority, you can use “manual sorting” column to order tasks too.

Otherwise, this request is not specific enough. It doesn’t describe what is being requested, it only tries to explain a problem and isn’t clear enough what the problem is.

15. Please add an option to change and set the font globally, so I don't have to apply a color each time I create a task or subtask. It's really painfully annoying to have a task in grey when I need to see it in black. Or make the default color just black instead of grey. Can't see anything and I'm not even senile.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Several issues:

- The default grey is not fixed, it turns black when you start a task marking it “active” (i.e. adding a start date). Grey is used to show inactive tasks

- You can already set colors globally, except you still have to set the color for each of the states (inactive, late, active, due soon, overdue, completed). See the preferences section “task appearance”

So, you don’t have to set this stuff on a per-task basis.

Now, I agree the global settings could be easier (like a way to set all states at once), but in your case, you can just change “inactive” and you’ll be fine, since all the other states are already darker-colored. Or you could accept the grey being inactive if that makes sense to you now that you understand it changes based on the state.

16. A box that says:
    Not do nothing
    Stop in XX/XX/XXXX
    Stop in XX/XX/XXXX and ...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be cool to be able to see quickly how much effort in hours has been spent each day and each week.

This would be really helpful for people who need to fill in time sheets each week.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Your tip says this is alpha. I disagree. I think it is well developed and excellent. So be proud!!

I *would like to be able to replicate an effort. For example, I do pretty much everything at work each day as far as task, times, and so forth. So it would be fun to copy and effort and paste it four times for the week, then hit each to edit the description.

No biggie, as I use XML in a text editor or in [XML Copy Editor] to do just this, but for folks not that acquainted with XML it…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When creating subtasks is desirable that they get the same categories as they parent, using his parent as a template. If I am doing some task A to Mr.Ed (a categorie: person -> Mr.Ed ) and it has 50 subtasks is a pain in the ass to remenber to mark the categorie "person -> Mr.Ed" on all these sub tasks, better if I have to mark only the new categories the subtasks may have and his parent not.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When "brainstorming" the creation of multiple tasks whe don´t care if they are parent, child, or sibling of others, so I create all they as parent. Now, when I start ordering the tasks some of they must be a sub-task of another and the only way to put they as a subTask is manually creating all task, again, as a subtask, then deleting the old one. It would be so easy and simle if I could just drag and drop getting it from root and putting as a subtask of another task.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?