Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

1. One window for the task

I would like to have all important information about the task in one window. Now there are many separated windows like Description, Dates, Progress.. I would like to have the contain of these windows in one window at least: Description, Dates, Progress, Budget.
    It safe many clicks and get better overview.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can do this mostly. For each tab in the editor, you can drag it to different parts of the window to create multiple panes that are shown at once. It works like the way different viewers can be shown at once in the main Task Coach window.
    And your settings will be saved as the default for the future.

2. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Calendar View - Start with current date

Currently, in the weekly calendar, the first displayed date is always Monday. Personally, I don't care about tasks that happened in the past. When I'm in the weekly view, I'm primarily concerned with viewing tasks that will occur during the next seven days. Therefore, I'd like to have the option to make the current date the first date displayed. This would allow the user to see all events coming up in the next seven days, without having to scroll the view to the following week and without having to be distracted by old tasks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mouse wheel scrolling without mouse focus.

It would be nice if I could just mouse over the main task list plane and scroll using the wheel without having to click in it to get the focus first.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. a agenda view where temporary tasks can be selected on which should be worked today.So you can gro

Each day you can then select some tasks you want to work with out of all at least many different categories. Which usually is somehow difficult to overview. I used to use a new category 'Today' for that which is than assigned to the tasks I want to work on today. But it is somhow time-consuming to switch the categories of some tasks to and from 'today' each time.
    For example you shouldn't work on more then 5 tasks a day. The next day this 5 tasks are different. So you get a dialog presented if you want to work…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a FIND feature internal to TaskCoach

I can export it to html but I would like to do a 'FIND' within the program

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow subject categorizations

I find it useful to have multiple subject types; for example, location (Home, Work, Car, Laptop, etc), who for (Mom, Wife, Friend, Business, etc), and disposition (dislike, like, enjoy [to vary activities throughout a work period]). Right now I do this through symbols in front, but it gets messy. It would be nice if there was a way to set up multiple subject fields for these different contexts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show part of the next month in the date picker

The new date picker is a significant improvement over the old widget, especially on Ubuntu, but could be made easier to use.

The most common use I have for changing the date for a task is procrastination--moving the date a couple of days into the future. At the end of the month this gets harder, a few days in the future is the next month.

It would be nice if Task Coach date picker took the approach of other electronic calendar selectors I've seen and showed a few days of the next month and allowed them to be selected. For…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Calculate progress of a task automatically based on subtasks progress

I would like to have an option for a task that allows its progress to be automatically calculated based on the progress of subtasks.

For this to be accomplished, it would be necessary to tells what importance (in percentage) each subtask has on the main task.

For example, let's assume I have a main task (Task1) with 2 subtasks (TaskA and TaskB). I tell the software that TaskA has 75% of importance and TaskB has 25%. When I put the progress of TaskA in 50% and 10% of TaskB, the Task1 should display 40% (50% * 75% + 10% *…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add period of time for efforts

When I create a new effort, after setting the Start time I'd like not to set the end time I'd prefer to set a period of time from the start event.
    e.g. add 1:45 to the start time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow repeating tasks to be hidden

Allow repeating tasks to be hidden until a week ( or other specified time) before they are next due

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. task coach is too fabulous ;-)

i just wanted to say a huge thanks for the great software! i am busy using it to develop my life plan... which so far consists of fiddling around with all the task coach settings :-P

now if you could somehow figure out how to integrate with freemind, my life would be complete... ;-)

thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How about a field for responsible personel?

An additional field to input the name of the responsible

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More flexible repeating task options

It would be great for me to be able to set a task to show up on my task list x amount of time after it is completed, rather than after it is starting. I have so many floating tasks that should get done *about* once a week. Another option would be to set a task to pop up at completion with a dialogue asking for the details of the next occurrence.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

And this is really a duplicate of this:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/289034-task-recurrence-based-on-the-date-of-completion

Although there does exist a separate idea about recurrence based on amount of time with higher resolution than days… but I’m thinking about that, so it may happen at some point…

Thanks for your request. Please let us know if there is something you want that the latest version doesn’t do and no other request already covers.

16. Control over fonts when editing a task

There has already been a suggestion about font sizes and a note to say that this was dealt with in release 0.78, but I don't think that change really addressed the issue, at least not the one that I have.

As far as I can see, Task Coach only allows you to change the font that's used in the Task view. I would like to be able to change the font that's used when I edit a task. I particularly want the "Description" text to be larger because I use this to store notes about the task, although I don't…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. to-do list

can You make feature like To-Do DeskList program - always enabled notyfication for task. it could be binded with snarl growl etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Date Format

I am using Taskcoach in India and we use British Dates. My System date is also dd/mm/yyyy (Regional Setting) Still I get in US format in software. Any way to fix it. My e-mail id vireng1 at gmail.com

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. improve compatibility with outlook by ...

2 things that might improve compatibility with outlook:

1. Split the CVS field for dates (eg start date) to "date" and "time" (outlook asks how to import a CVS and wants 2 separate fields)

2. If a task has a start and a due date then presumably it can be seen as an "appointment", then label it in the icalendar file (ics) as VENENT rather than a VTODO. The due date should also be labeled as DTEND in order for this to work. VTODO is not recognised by outlook 2007 and earlier, mb even by outlook 2010 (I dont have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change subtask to task and vice versa

It would be really nice if it was easy to take a new task and make it a subtask of another or elevate a subtask to the level of a task.

I couldn't figure out how this could be done

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Feedback and Knowledge Base