Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

779 results found

1. I use notes inside a task - especially for short hints or instructions.
    It would be helpful to print or export them.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be really nice to be able to switch the time format used to the fractional (industrial?) format where one hour is divided into 100 units. E.g., 6:45 would become 6.75.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Instead of putting specific date and time (mostly I am putting there the same like for suggested start) will be better to have there option like:

Remind - X minutes/hours/days - Before or After Planned Start / Before Due Date

It would be good to choose two reminders also so there can be one connected to start and another connected to due date.

This should retain its relative connection so that it will stay the same relation even when the other dates are changed.

And have a preference for proposed X minutes/hours/days in settings. Then I can set it as…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to change the default appearance of all entries; not on a per entry or per-status basis. In this way, everybody can easily set Task Coach to his/her preferred readability.

For example, a dark background with light text could be a default. Without this option, there's no way to make categories have a dark background and light text without that overriding other appearance settings when a task has a category applied to it.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is now the possibility to set a default appearance for each type of task state in the preferences.

However, it could still make sense to have an overall default that would set all the states if they haven’t otherwise been customized. This would also allow something not currently possible: a default for the text in the category viewer.

Note, however, that there is a request already for global font-size change (though global change is not identical to the idea of a default)
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/468682-global-font-size-change

5. Feature Requests item #2817422
    When you have chosen list view, the layout becomes rather cluttered if you have subtasks. I use Task Coach according to the GTD approach. I use the contexts Inbox, Next action, Waiting for, Projects, Someday/Maybe and Reference. Say that I have a project consisting of a task with sub-tasks. Some of the sub-tasks are defined as next action, some are in the category waiting for and so on and so forth. If i click the category "Next action" I only want to see the sub tasks that I have defined as "Next action". The projects (parent…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the morning, when I start my computer at work I usually begin with a task like "reading emails". It would be nice not to have to run it manually.
    So I suggest a feature:
    - possibility of setting a default task running at Task Coach startup (when there is no other task running already).

It would be nice also to swith to this default task even if there is other task already running when a date has changed since last change (what means I forgot to stop my tasks at "go home" time the previous day), but not necessary.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If nothing is selected or only a primary-level task is selected, these buttons would be the same as the current "Expand all" and "Collapse all" menu commands, but when an active selection includes composite tasks, these buttons would become "Expand selection" and "Collapse selection"

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I found that you can track multiple efforts at once, however, the method to close one is counter-intuitive. There seems to be no way to stop tracking one effort without stopping the others as well. (Ok, there is.. you have to open it and set the end time). It would be MOST excellent if you could right click the tray icon and select which tracked effort to cease tracking, or, if you were to right click on a specific task and stop tracking it would only affect that task. Currently, it stops all effort tracking and that just does not…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The hourly fee would be great, and other properties too like priority and dates (at least proposed if not checked). All these things should be able to be overridden by changing them in the subtask's editor, but new subtasks should be given these properties from their parent task.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be good to see all your projects (categories) and tasks under that as a dasboard. One view to cover all your works - and devided based on categories.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. So instead of need to go to attachements and there right-click and open file, got it as a link in the task description

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'd l ike to enter my own 'snooze' time on a reminder instead of choosing from dropdown. Examples: 2m = 2 minutes, 360m = 360 minutes, 4h = 4 hours, 72h = 72 hours, 3w = 3 weeks, 50w = 50 weeks, etc.

I have another little reminder program I use, and this is it's coolest feature. Would be great to have in TaskCoach too.

Thanks for consideration of this idea :-)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. All subtasks stay visible when they are completed, they are only hidden after their parent task is completed.

It will be an additional option of the existent 'Parent Task Behavior'.

Thank you

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make a "remember the milk mode" by using the full RTM API specification to gain multiuser support.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I'm busy on one task and tracking the effort I am spending, I am often interrupted by a call or email and get caught up doing effort for another task.

It would be great at the end of the interruption to be able to quickly record the interruption without having to manually stop/start effort and adjust the effort records.

Something along the lines of: select task that you were diverted to and say 'Actually I spent the last 30 mins working on this task'. This would create a new effort record for this task that lasted from 30 mins…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When changing category, possibility to change several assignation (add or delete) without the pop up closing
    In the same pop up, when multiple task are selected with various category already assigned, it should be visible which category is assigned to all task, which is assigned to only some of the task. In that case, a first click would select for all and a second would deselect for all.
    If you do, task already assigned get de-assigned, while not assigned get assigned.
    Usually when I select a group of task to change category, it is because I want to get all…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Another nice feature is a configurable export. It should be possible to mark which columns are exported and in which format "Time spent" is exportet (Minutes, hh:mm:ss, decimal time hh.xx)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think user interface is one of the weak points with Task Coach. It should be easier, simpler and more clear the way someone approaches and organizes the task manager. Something like this:

1- A main top panel with mid-size distinctive icons and text under them, where the main functions are shown and these organize the sequence of the task process till the very moment is completed and post-review and analysis options appear. There are 2 levels of interface, basic and advanced.

2- Days-weeks could be organized from the very beginning in work hours and private hours, differing from persons…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to have an option in the search drop down to "Search Categories too". And it would be great if that option would search both the Category names and Category descriptions (and Category Notes?). Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I need to import from Workflowy.com. It let me export to OPML and TXT files but those don't work with Task Coach (I'm using the portable version).

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?