Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

304 results found

1. i'd like to assign task or subtask to one or more users and why not be able to see gantt workflow

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible: create a categories and subcategories for departments and persons and assign tasks to the category corresponding to the person responsible for the task.

2. Pipe is becoming an increasing ubiquitous delimiter, as it is very unlikely to appear in many types of data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The calendar view is a great tool, infortunately, it need to adjust itself to the filtering of the main screen, which it doesn't. Tha way, you could only visualize the task you need to see according to your need. BTW, your tool is excellent, and it's a pleasure to see it becoming better and better. I've tested at least 20 programs, and even if it's not perfect -nothing never gets there, now is it ?- it's darn close to it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi, I'm from Russia so I apologize for the Google translation)
    In your program, I was a daily routine, and it was very difficult to distribute in order of each item. I propose to make a function to raise or lower the task in the list. Add 2 buttons like arrow - which raises the problem of Punto higher
    and down - which omits Punto below.

Привет, я из россии поэтому извиняюсь за перевод гугл)
    В вашей программе я составил распорядок дня, и мне было очень трудно распределить по порядку каждый пункт. Я предлагаю внести функцию чтобы поднимать или опускать…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible!

I use exactly this myself, I have a daily routine. What you need to do is:
    Sort by priority, descending
    Easiest by showing priority in the columns (either contextual menu click the column headers or use the view menu)
    You can click the priority number to edit it, press up or down arrow keys. You can also use cntrl-I for “increase” and cntrl-D for “decrease” (don’t know if it’s the same in Russian)
    Priority is infinite, the numbers are not categories, “0” is neutral and you can go negative or positive from there.

Note: in my own daily routine, I use some priority settings, but I also use prerequisites. For example, stretch is a prerequisite for breakfast, and breakfast is a prerequisite for lunch. I put all these tasks inside a composite task called “daily”. The composite is set to recur every day, but the internal…

5. A calendar view would visually help me avoid scheduling conflicts. I can't do two things at once. The visual would relay a lot of information, quickly. Think of it as a "daily planner." Would be helpful, if it could be printed out, for a hard copy in a three ring binder. Love your program. Still learning.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Fred,

There already is a calendar view. Just go to View menu > New viewer > calendar

It has many options. Task Coach has a lot of features already. I suggest reading through the Help contents from the help menu, maybe just exploring the menu items to see what’s there.

Still, there is lots of room for improvements. If you find that there is something you wish were different about the calendar viewer, please come back and post specific requests (but try to search for related requests first to avoid duplication)

Based on your request, you might want to vote for this:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/344994-when-setting-planned-time-mechanism-for-spreading

Thanks!

6. Specifically, to be able to select how time is displayed in calendar view. Right now military is the only display method. I am running the portable version.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I close Task Coach it should remain in the Windows Task List. Instead, right now it is completely closed!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently the font size in note field is too small and cannot be inceased.
    Can this feature be added to the next version or in the near future?
    Also, a bullet/numbering function would be nice.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync with my googledrive ,so we can keep track on the move

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this already. Just run the client software and save your .tsk file in the synced directory. Then you can open the file on any computer that has Task Coach installed and can access the Google Drive.

I do this myself with DropBox.

Note: you still can only have one Task Coach program open at a time, until this request is done:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/288999-enable-multi-user-task-management-

Also, if you were talking about syncing with the iOS client, that’s different. That won’t work with Google Drive or DropBox or anything else.
    There’s already a request though:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/23263-ios-iphone-ipod-touch-ipad-version-of-task-c/suggestions/2074645-add-some-full-cloud-sync-system

10. Buildlib is installed in the end-user global python namespace at the same time than taskcoachlib. This is unwanted, but the source targets rely on it, so removing it is no as trivial as editing one line in setup.py.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add automatic time and date stamp to the notes interface and remove the subject field (see Basecamp for example). Simplicity saves time. Currently I do not use the notes interface. Instead I use the description interface and manually add time stamp to each status note. BTW, you guys are awesome.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think your request is just a duplicate of this:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/819943-add-a-button-to-insert-date-time-in-comments-notes

So I am closing this new request.

But notice also:
    Creation date for items is now included in the latest version. You can show a column to see it if you like in various viewers, but it won’t have info for items made before this feature was added. Modification date is now added as well and will be in version 1.3.23, but you can try it now with the latest bugfix version: http://www.fraca7.net/TaskCoach-packages/latest_bugfixes.py

Cheers,
    Aaron

12. I would like to have new tasks automatically categorized into a defined group when creating them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already pretty simple. Click a category before creating so you are seeing only that category. All tasks made in this state will automatically be part of that category. You can select multiple categories at once and that works too.

Cheers,
    Aaron

13. Currently, a new task is set as inactive and it ends up being filtered out when 'Hide Inactive Tasks' is enabled. Removing the filter and searching for the new task is a bit cumbersome.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. thanks for your effort to make this very good program.
    I wish to see a hyperlink from a project to a local folder or files.
    in addition, sometimes i just want to copy any file, folder in to this program instead of browsing for an attachment.
    I also wish that you can make more fields then a gantt chart can be obtain when required.
    thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can link via attachments already. You can make attachments by simply dropping an item onto an object in Task Coach. Otherwise, please make separate feature requests for different ideas. There is no way we can consider a mix of separate ideas like this. And please search to see if there are existing requests before posting.

Cheers

15. Hello,
    can you view tasks as a week plan?
    It would be great to view projects or tasks into a daily working period.
    e.g. Monday: 8:00 to 18:00 and then drag drop tasks inte a weekly calendar format. Below a time summery would be great. e.g. i worked on Monday 4 hours on task1 and 4 hours on task2, an i want to visualize this.

what you say?
    greetz (-:

see wochenplan or weekplan in google picture search:
    https://www.google.at/search?q=wochenplan&client=firefox-a&hs=u2E&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=AZeDUfarCeaD4ATf5YDIAg&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=957#client=firefox-a&hs=92E&rls=org.mozilla:de%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=wochenplan&oq=wochenplan&gs_l=img.3..0l10.7823.8880.2.9038.10.6.0.4.4.0.108.445.5j1.6.0...0.0...1c.1.12.img.BtSJ9szvuIE&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45960087,d.bGE&fp=52d2c1521296e2e7&biw=1680&bih=957

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When i go back to my computer, i want the possibility to add the time i was away to another task, than continue this task or continue what i was working on

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible. All you need to do is stop a task when you leave, and then when you come back, choose the task and make a new effort in the effort viewer or in the effort tab of the task editor, or just press ctrl-E. In the effort editor that comes up, press “start tracking from last stop time”

Cheers

17. When we trace the effort the effort time can only is visible by going to the task edit. It was great if I could add it to the main panel to be able to see the time used for specific task

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible already, simply go to view > New Viewer > Effort to add a panel for effort view, the panel can then be dropped into place wherever you like in the main view. I put mine below the task viewer

18. Hello Task Coach Team,

at first, I have to mention that I am quite happy to found your neat software on the internet.
    What I am missing is a kind of quickinfo at a sidebar (for example) to get access to the major task info, when I have highlighted a task. Everytime when I want to check the elapsed project time and budget I have to double click on the task and click another time on the related tab. It would be much easier with a kind of quickinfobar.

Many thanks for your programming work!

Best regards,
    Rainer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. With release 1.3.35 I am successfully using TaskCoach in a large and ongoing project where I must periodically send an email by right-clicking on a sub-task. Once Thunderbird opens I manually fill in necessary email addresses - usually several and different per sub-task.

My suggestion is to add tokens in the description field or, better yet, a new tab for email addresses on a per task/subtask basis.

For example, potential syntax that mimics mailto syntax might be:

[mailto:to=anony1@gmail.com]
    [mailto:to=anony2@yahoo.com]
    [mailto:cc=anony3@yahoo.com]

Before invoking the email client, Taskcoach would scan the description field or the new…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?