I suggest you ...

User defined hotkeys (keyboard shortcuts)

I would like to see a "keyboard shortcuts" option in the preferences menu that allowed the user to use any desired key for an action.

For instance i would prefer to use <cntrl-UP> to increase a task priority instead of <cntrl-I>. Or assign <a> to open attachments...

Thanks again for the great software. I'll pledge 5 EU for implementation.

260 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    hazysonichazysonic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Global hotkeys would be extremely useful. Of course with ability to detect combination with shift, alt, control, WinKey...

• David KovalskyDavid Kovalsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the way that I can set keyboard shortcuts in Claws-mail. All I have to is use the mouse to get to the item that I want and pres the desired shortcut. Immediate effect.

It'd be great to have this in Task Coach too :)

Thanks for the best task management tool I've ever seen!

• matt wilkiematt wilkie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, especially if the windows meta key can be used (For example I'd like [Win]+[T] for open new task regardless of what application currently has focus).

• jtrickjtrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more on this one. I know that I can modify the file manually, but a nicely designed graphical option would be a huge improvement. Great work on this project though!

• Justin YehJustin Yeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I can change the "close dialogue" button because the current default key for that (escape) is actually used by my input method in place of the backspace key. That means whenever I make a typing mistake, I'll have to retype the whole thing.

• Chris MoonChris Moon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TaskCoach increases productivity and efficiency of my work. I think ability to use shortcut key is very important to boost up the speed and increase efficiency of using TaskCoach itself.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if something as simple as pressing <enter> would allow you to quickly capture a new task...

• gregg128gregg128 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Ctr+Shift to switch keyboard layouts so every time i press Ctrl+Shift+Insert i get the layouts switched :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base