I suggest you ...

Percentage completed

Set the percent a task is complete. This can be set at any time or when you are tracking effort you can update the percentage.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the idea of timeSpent/budget as a way of automatically calculating what percentage of the budget has been used (and theoretically how close to completion the project is).

Manually adjusting the percentage seems rather time-consuming and inaccurate.

• hazysonic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i do use effort on certain tasks, so i thought I'd give my opinion... Although would be cool if there was some kind of integration between percent complete and effort, honestly most of the time I think they serve two unrelated purposes. I say keep it simple for now...

• AdminTask Coach developers (developer, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Xantilon: if you keep the up or down button for the percentage pressed, the percentage will first increase or decrease with steps of 1, but after a short while with steps of 5.

There is a "average % complete" column that takes the average of parent and child tasks.

Direct editing in the task viewer is on my personal wishlist as well, but I want to do it for all columns, not just the percentage complete. Please open a separate feature request for that (if there isn't one open yet).

• Xantilon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I forgot to say: the value should be changeable by mouse in tree/list view. In details view I use the keyboard anyway.
    The the parent task's percentage has to be set by the childrens percentage and not manually. I don't care how to calculate that together with effort values, because I don't (at least didn't) use effort.

• Xantilon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you, Frank. Additionally I would like to make a suggestion HOW the percentage is set. It would be nice to do it ADDITIONALLY by mouse with a slider. And the slider should set discrete values of 10% or 20%, not continously. This value maybe changed in the options.
    I would be really happy to see that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base