I suggest you ...

Percentage completed

Set the percent a task is complete. This can be set at any time or when you are tracking effort you can update the percentage.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the idea of timeSpent/budget as a way of automatically calculating what percentage of the budget has been used (and theoretically how close to completion the project is).

Manually adjusting the percentage seems rather time-consuming and inaccurate.

• hazysonic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i do use effort on certain tasks, so i thought I'd give my opinion... Although would be cool if there was some kind of integration between percent complete and effort, honestly most of the time I think they serve two unrelated purposes. I say keep it simple for now...

• AdminFrank Niessink (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Xantilon: if you keep the up or down button for the percentage pressed, the percentage will first increase or decrease with steps of 1, but after a short while with steps of 5.

There is a "average % complete" column that takes the average of parent and child tasks.

Direct editing in the task viewer is on my personal wishlist as well, but I want to do it for all columns, not just the percentage complete. Please open a separate feature request for that (if there isn't one open yet).

• Xantilon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I forgot to say: the value should be changeable by mouse in tree/list view. In details view I use the keyboard anyway.
        The the parent task's percentage has to be set by the childrens percentage and not manually. I don't care how to calculate that together with effort values, because I don't (at least didn't) use effort.

• Xantilon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you, Frank. Additionally I would like to make a suggestion HOW the percentage is set. It would be nice to do it ADDITIONALLY by mouse with a slider. And the slider should set discrete values of 10% or 20%, not continously. This value maybe changed in the options.
        I would be really happy to see that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base