Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PhoneixSPhoneixS shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FredFred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One way to handle this could be to mark notes "business" or "private", with different behavior (counting or not the week-en days) according to this flag (?)

• Aaron WolfAdminAaron Wolf (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@poeschi

By project do you mean entire .tsk file, or do you mean task?

Is this what you mean:
        You want to have weekdays-only versus all-days as a default choice in the preferences but be able to override the default for any task?

• stevesteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think poeschi's amendment to the original suggestion is excellent. This is how it should be implemented.

• LukaszLukasz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that I use this at work, too, I agree. I think it would really only be useful if work days could be programmed. Everyone has different holidays. This is how MS Project does it.

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea, but I would add another option is the possibility of vacations, holidays or days off

• prismadragonprismadragon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this be a very useful preference to set. Maybe have it as a global preference to set but give the option to over-ride this under Behavior when creating a new Task.

• hazysonichazysonic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i like this idea as long as it is an option that could be changed for each task. Perhaps an option in the preferences to set how tasks count days by default, and a box that could be checked/unchecked for tasks.

• PhoneixSPhoneixS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I'm with poeschi, I don't say it here but I think equal he. What days are counted must be a preference.

• poeschipoeschi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I consider this as useful as well - but please make this project dependent.
        If I am using Task Coach for my job, it is only weekdays that are relevant, but currently I am renovating my house and I am using TaskCoach here as well - but I am mostly working on weekends and on some holidays.
        My recommendation would be to have an option (preferences) per project to select with check boxes, which days should be counted for each project.
        Perfect luxury would it be to define this once for a project and the be able to select exceptions on a calendar view or on a list....

Feedback and Knowledge Base