I suggest you ...

Include a checkbox in the task list to mark items completed with a single click

Right now (unless I'm missing something) I have to click to select a task, then move up and click the "completed" button in the toolbar.

226 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Glasgow shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carlos Eugênio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before the task could have a play, pause and completed button. You could even click play, start counting effort time.

• Diosney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recommend add an "Action" column that can have several tiny action buttons from which the user can easily interact with the task state.

• djnet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

usefull but not necessary, i use to press 'Ctl' + 'Enter' to complete tasks

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I agree that a checkbox for completion would be desirable. I am using korganizer and the checkbox would help entice me to task coach.

• David Glasgow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really? The big green checkbox in the app icon (and on the button you click to mark an item completed) doesn't suggest that checking a box next to a task would mark it completed? ;-)

The contextual menu is handy, but still requires a lot more mousework than a single click, especially when I'm checking off several tasks in a row. Right now there's no easy way to go down the list and check off several items at a time, especially if they're recurring (so they disappear when they're checked off, removing the selection hilight from the list and requiring another click to select).

Again... just my opinion. :-)

• AdminFrank Niessink (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this would be nice. However, since the categories already use checkboxes for filtering I´m a bit afraid it may be confusing that checkboxes have very different effects for tasks and categories.

BTW, you can also right-click and select mark completed from the context menu.

• David Glasgow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, bart2pub, but that still requires clicking on the event, then leaving the mouse to go to the keyboard for the Cmd-Return. I'd like to minimize the number of steps necessary to mark a task completed, and that whole process is pretty clunky still, IMO.

Feedback and Knowledge Base