I suggest you ...

Tiny Window w/ current tracked task, recent task list, other shortcuts

Really helpful would be a tiny window showing which task was currently tracking time, which could sit over other windows at the top of the screen. A click would give a drop-down of all other active task, and you could select another task, to change to tracking time against that task. So, when working on task A and an email comes from someone for task B, you can switch quickly, then switch back to A after dealing with the email.
There should also be a button to open the main window.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
james.a.lamb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Sproede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aaron, thanks for pointing me to this one. I did a search before posting my suggestion, but I didn't got this one. For me the most important thing would be to see which tasks are currently tracking time.

• fooble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Frank: That is correct, however, viewer that has been dragged out of the main window does not become a true window. Minimizing Task Coach also minimizes all viewers, even if they are outside of the main window.

• fooble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking for a very similar thing: A tiny window showing the highest priority task.

The functionality is almost there. If I could put a viewer in its own window, hide some of the UI, and make it always on top of other windows, I could do it.

• AdminAaron Wolf (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea. It could be a floating window that maybe has the ability to be collapsed to just it's title so it isn't intrusive. And a system-wide keyboard shortcut to jump to this would be nice. And besides recent tasks, some user-set "pins" i.e. bookmarks, items they want to always be in this box, should be included

• Andrei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's describe it:

- has a combobox (drop-down) with list of active/all tasks. Now it is very confusing with the tree structure in the system tray -- so it should be just a simple list with task paths

- has a button start-stop tracking

- has a button for switching to the main window

- label with time spent on task now+total

The number of tasks may be quite large, so later it can be updated with search box with auto-completion, as it is normally used for web-sites.

For me this feature is the highest priority, so I would be happy to get involved in the development. The only probIem -- don't have experience with python and gtk, so really need a bunch of tutorials to make things working on Windows.

Feedback and Knowledge Base