Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

779 results found

1. Allow effort entry by choosing the duration (2hours) rather than specifying start and end times. Thus if u work a 8 hour day; assign time to available tasks to log time to total 8 hours.

This allows you to work on two tasks at once and not have to manipulate the effort timers entry. This data can then be used for report a time-sheet for the week (period) worked.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 85 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be helpful to assign one or more categories to efforts. Possible use: I'm working as a consultant and have set up the project plan in TC. But the billing for my working time is split into "onsite", "remote" and "travelling time". So I would assign a special category to the effort that I'm creating for tasks.
    This feature would make TC even more flexible.

85 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With the "filter on any" and "filter on all" options, there is partial AND and OR filtering, but no NOT.

When you select categories to limit what is displayed in the Task tab it would be nice to being able to reverse that logic (show all tasks that do NOT belong to the selected categories). I know that I can accomplish this by selecting all the categories I want to see and not select the one I don't, but I a lot of categories and most of the time there would be only 1 or 2 categories I would like…

85 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to be able to save groups of filter settings together as a filter set.

These presets should also include sort settings (including multiple levels; for example, first sort by Subject ascending, then sort results by priority descending)

Presets could be able to be quickly chosen from a dropdown menu.

Additionally, I would like to be able to define views that utilize specific filter sets (i.e. they regularly refresh to stay consistent with the defined preset). This would allow different task views on the screen at the same time.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great to be able to change font size for all tasks at once (e.g. by selecting all tasks). Currently I have to select each task and change its font size one by one.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be nice, if we could use TaskCoach over a CalDAV server. This way not only can we access our Tasks on other computers but also at some point maybe tasksharing could be enabled..

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. the total fee is resulting in all of the child items even if they aren't finished. It would be nice if there was a option or a new column with only finished total fees.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A date-range filter would choose a start and end date for the filter range, and then choose which date (planned start, actual start, due date, completion date) to filter. For example, I could apply a filter to hide those tasks completed before a given day - ideal for my monthly report. For efforts, it would just show the ones that occurred between the filter dates.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Now categories are implemented with the tag categorizables including every the id of every task they affect. This makes impossible cool things like include automatically categories to task templates. Now task templates don't store at all category information, because the tag categorizables in task.tsk hardcodes every id.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There is currently no way to identify or mark tasks which are pending third parties, scheduled deliverables, or other externalities which require that the project or progress be suspended, deferred, or otherwise put on hold. It would be great to be able to identify these tasks with a different status (color?) in the task view to help prioritize the active from the inactive (but still current, not future) tasks.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'd like to suggest support for the Pomodoro time management technique http://www.pomodorotechnique.com
    I’m not an expert in the method but it looks useful, simple and popular.

My initial thoughts are that this can be delivered in phases:

1) New fields on tasks to a) Estimate number of pomodoros required and b) Increment the number of pomodoros completed
    2) Provide a pomodoro timer. So a user selects a task and starts the pomodoro. The pomodoro flashes or similar to indicate the end. The task pomodoro counter is incremented automatically? A second timer starts for the inter pomodoro break?
    3) Various ways…

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There is no option to repeat the task on certain days of the week e.g. only workdays.

in my special case i have a job named 'answer emails' and i do it only at workdays...

Also, monthly on the last or before the last workday. Right now the recurrence is day number based, so it would be nice to have more abstract options like possibility to count from the end of months/years, take consideration workdays/weekends as option to count

more detailed examples:
    a.) first tuesday OR thursday of the month (or of the quarter or the year), which is at…

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Reduces desktop clutter
    • Reminder window state independent of Task Coach window state.
    • Double clicking line item in reminder window opens task.
    • Mark Complete, Snooze, etc buttons work on selected reminders. This is how Outlook does, and it is one of the (few) things they got right.
    56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Every time a new task is created, there should be a field with a task number (that increments every time for new tasks).

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It's great to see how frequently TaskCoach is being improved. But it would be very nice if users could opt for automatic downloading & installing of each new version. Right now, we receive an alert when a new version update is available, but I'd like TaskCoach to do it all -- to find when a new update are available, to download the new update, to install the new update, and to display a list of version changes. (Of course, users should be given a choice in the program settings -- or in the Help menu -- to implement automatic updating…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As part of a much larger project team I use Task Coach to manage my personal subset of project tasks.

Because the hierarchical task and category structures have already been created by others in the project team (normally in a spreadsheet file) it would be great to be able to bulk import them from a file of some common format ie CSV.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be very helpfull if files (attachements) can be saved within a Taskfile in XML as CDDATA.

Drag & Drop would be a perfect addition to this function.

Please don't mark it as "completed" again, cause it's not implemented. The relative path is not the same.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will leave this open, but please, everyone who wants files to just be moved or copied to a directory that could be paired with the .tsk file, move your vote to this:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/991699-allow-real-attachments

This request here will be considered specifically a request for within the .tsk file itself. It is also unlikely that this request will be implemented. The other, which already has more votes, is more realistic.

19. Really helpful would be a tiny window showing which task was currently tracking time, which could sit over other windows at the top of the screen. A click would give a drop-down of all other active task, and you could select another task, to change to tracking time against that task. So, when working on task A and an email comes from someone for task B, you can switch quickly, then switch back to A after dealing with the email.
    There should also be a button to open the main window.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?