Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Keep effort records even when tasks change

The effort records seem to be tied to particular tasks. When a task is completed & deleted, the effort spent on it disappears. It would be nice to have effort records independent of tasks.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. alternate background color slightly in task view

It'd be easier to see where each task starts and ends (especially if the heights vary) if the background color varied slightly with alternating tasks. It's a pretty common thing. White background, light grey or blue background, white background, etc.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ask for time-cost / difficulty expectation

Once you start a task you should be asked for the time-cost (in min, hours, days) and difficulty that you expect for such a task and later on compare it with the real cost resulted. Good feature for post analysis and reports about own awareness and time-management control. Thanks for thinking about it!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add function "Edit/Select/Last active task"

I have a lots of tasks (I use task coach a lot ! ) and have to scroll a lot when changing from one task to the other, eventually "losing" it.
    Also when I stopped monitoring and want to resume on a task, this function would greatly help me in finding it.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow moving task in time

It would be nice to be able to move a task in time. That is, a constant time (predefined list?) would be added or subtracted from all filled dates in the Dates tab. A keyboard shortcut would be nice to speed up the action. A motivation - for example I have a meeting at a set time, but the time of the meeting changes, so I want to rearrange the start date, due date and reminder date. Or a task I planned for today, but did not work on it, so want to move it to tomorrow. I think more…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ctrl + T starts a new effort. I'd like a hotkey combo to start a new effort from last stop. Instead of having to open the effort to do so.

It's great that you can start an effort and open it and click start from last stop, but it'd be nice to do something like ctrl+alt+t (since ctrl+shift+t is reserved for stop and alt+shift+t is for edit ) to start a new effort from last stop.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 34 35 36 38 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Feedback and Knowledge Base