I suggest you ...

Task Effort and PC Idle Warning

If a task is having its effort tracked and the PC is idle for a user-configured time period, task coach should pop up a warning to either 1. Continue tracking effort, 2. Stop tracking effort at the timeout time, 3. start tracking a new effort. So if I go to lunch and forget to stop tracking effort for a task, when I return Task Coach has reminded me of that ....

71 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
markcs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of this feature, but I would like to be ablet o set the "default" time out behavior. I often use an effort to track time working on items that are away from my desk and not on the computer. I would prefer that I be able to assigne the "default behavior" for either to pause tracking or continue tracking. Only having the option of having the idle timer to pause after the timeout would interrupt about half of the tracking I do in a day. Especially if the feature can not be turned on/off by the user.

• bentsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking forward to this feature. Is it already implemented in the daily build versions?

• Thurston Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Grindstone2 has something like this implemented and it works very well. I like TaskCoach a ton better, since you can organize tasks better, but this feature is certainly missed.

• Piotr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should show message:
    "Time tracking paused because computer is in idle mode."
    "Idle time: [time]"
    "Resume", "Stop"

There should be option "idle time detection delay" set to 5 minutes by default.

• Leo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this option. A simple configurable time-out value would be better than nothing for me, but if you could decide if you should include the idle time when returning that would be awesome.

• Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A better way would be to continue tracking time with a checkpoint. This way when the user returns to his PC he can choose whether to add the time to the task or drop it if he just forgot to stop it.

• gustavoaborges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If so this should be optional. If you have to go to a meeting and you are away from the PC you will have your task tracked wrongly

Feedback and Knowledge Base