I suggest you ...

A Windows Mobile version of Task Coach

Is there a possibility of a Windows Mobile version of this great program?

258 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very nice if support of OneDrive for file access so project natively shared between windows devices

• Nebo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about Windows Phone 8? Surprised that you guys aren't considering this.

• AdminAaron Wolf (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it just trolling to say that you people should NOT buy a Windows Mobile device in the first place…? The real priority for any new devices is Android, both for popularity and because it is more consistent and compatible with GPL and FLOSS.

• AdminJérôme Laheurte (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No; please read the discussion I linked. They can't even legally include Pascal headers for UIKit. The RAD part of Lazarus works with desktop-oriented platforms (Linux, Windows, Mac OS X) and maybe Windows Mobile which is not very different from Windows, but not with specific mobile platforms like iOS or Android. Most of desktop-oriented controls (menus for example) aren't even available on iOS. See also here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/The_LCL_in_various_platforms

The only mobile platform supported by LCL is Windows CE (not even Windows 7 mobile).

• tas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes the code is platform spezific - but thi code is already written as library (LCL) of Lazarus. - Buttons, Scrollbars ProgressBars, Dialogs. Everything what Platform specific is already there - that is the aim of Lazarus.

You just need to writeyour Application using LCL:
    var btn:=TButton.Create(nil);
    btn.caption:='Test!';
    showmessage('hello, world!');
    Can you detect some specific code?
    Is it a code for win /linux / mac ?
    You can't even say what platform is a target for this code.

Because you can define it in compiler after the whole application ready.
    Have you used a JAVA? - it' better than JAVA - because of compiled machine code and not interpreted like in Python and Java.

No Documentation?
    You have Tutorials / Wiki's - and if you can Delphi you don't need to know much more to make TaskCoach.

• AdminJérôme Laheurte (Admin, Task Coach) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nope. I may have missed something (the documentation is not really clear), but the only cross-platform classes provided by Free Pascal don't include anything on the UI level as far as I know. They only cover the regular low-level stuff: I/O, networking, etc. I'll take another look but I don't see how they could have made a generic UI framework that would work with systems as different (from an ergonomic point of view) as iOS and Windows.

Don't know what you mean - try lazarus it's like Delphi - and just change compiling target and you will get Linux / Windows / WinCE / Mac Application :)

@Jerome - just take a better look to Lazarus - write once compile everywhere.

Yeah use Free Pascal and it will work everywhere :)

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the point? WinMo 6.x is officially dead now - and WinMo 7 isn't available for months. WinMo market share is collapsing (due to RIM, iPhone & Android) Why develop for a dead platform?

Feedback and Knowledge Base