Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. The option to select different tasks in the task list and view an automatic sum of their time efforts. Note that although making them sub-tasks of a global pseudo-task currently constitutes an indirect solution, it would quite handy to be able to do this just by clicking independent tasks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. By default, the tasks should have a configurable hourly cost from the global options

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In example, change main menu, task font in editing(F2) mode, in the dialog boxes. Its too small default.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please provide a possibility to create templates for sub-taks and to specify the parent task.
    See http://250kb.de/u/110816/j/qVuYiLWoPit5.jpg

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a functional duplicate of this much better way of achieving this:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/1378163-insert-template-as-subtask

Please consider voting for that instead.

By the way, sharing your screen shots and ideas is very nice, and I appreciate your efforts to be clear. Please keep adding comments. Perhaps you would like to be involved in discussions at the developer yahoo group? If so join here:
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/taskcoach-dev/

6. How come I can only view my calendar by day? I can't figure out a way to display a whole month in calendar. Did I miss anything here?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I've got a series of daily tasks, and like to set a time budget on how much time to allocate. TaskCoach is great for this when it doesn't recur, but when it does recur the effort is included so I can't use it this way. I want to see how much of my budget is left for this instance. Perhaps an option on the dates tab to recur without including effort?

This is alternative way to the other ideas suggested to handle recurrence by duplicating the task, but I think it would have to be clarified for that too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Great program. Just needs better reports like showing the notes for efforts done to explain the time and tally the times on reports.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. HI, it would be great to allow saving a note, or a description, during its seizure without to have to close the window. It is not safe to make a note and to keep its window opened with saving it regulary. Sometime I lose the note because I haven't save it and I have closed too quickly the task coach window.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your comments, I’m closing this and opening a bug report at sourceforge to deal with this. This is more of a design bug than a feature request.

10. Hi,
    When you drag a finished task to another, current one, you make the first a sub-task. As it is finished, it also marks as finished the other task (that has become a main one, drawn as a folder). This shouldn't happen.
    Thanks for this nice app', keep up the good work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can change what Task Coach does when the last subtask of a task is marked completed (which is what you are doing when you drag a completed task and drop it as subtask). You can change it globally in the preferences (task dates tab) and you can change it per task (on the progress tab of the task edit dialog).

11. when drag a file into taskcoach, keep filename only as subject ,an option in preferences

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Perhaps let the user change the color of the menybar, so it may match the user's system colors.

BTW, this is a great program you have written!!! Thank you!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something we’re likely to implement. Window features not matching the system is not solved by customizing the look of every program. Instead, this is an issue for your system overall or for the way that the system interacts with our program.

Please post a bug at:
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=130831&atid=719134
    - if you feel this is worthy of that, but we probably won’t deal with it. On my systems, Task Coach already matches my system look. So if you are still having trouble with this, it is a bug, but it may be one we can’t fix at this time.

13. Posibilidad de mover las columnas que se visualizan en la lista de tareas para ponerlas en el orden que se quiera

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Often I double-click a Calendar to create a new task for particular time. If so, a new task goes to the root of tasks tree. I suggest to pre-configure a folder (e.g. Incoming) where such tasks will go by default.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As it's currently set up, I can do this only if I have no categories checked in the right panel. If I have a task with many sub-tasks - of which only one is in the category I am browsing - the parent task and only this one sub-task will appear in the main tasks list window.

It would be very helpful (to me at least) if there was an easy way to select this parent task and then view ALL sub-tasks, not just the ones in the category I'm browsing. Maybe a right-click, View All Sub-Tasks or the like.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not worth a separate feature I think. I suggest you do this:
    Click the parent task, and put it in the same category as the category you are filtering on (and to which the subtask belongs) to see all tasks. That way all subtasks now belong to that category and are visible. Hit Undo to go back to the previous situation.

16. I sometimes paste information in such fields as the task description. I find that some characters, such as tabs and line feeds can play havoc with the presentation of a task item.

Currently, I am pasting the text into Notepad (Windows text editor) and then copying it, in order to make sure that no control characters are inserted.

Thank you for your consideration,
    BrendaEM

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please consider voting for this:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/1785519-notes-other-panes-support-rich-text

Hopefully if that were implemented, then these extra characters would be recognized fully.

Otherwise, if you are having trouble with something that should work (pasting text) and it is showing up wrong, that is a bug. Please open a bug report at https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=130831&atid=719134
    and include very specific details about the problem.

Thanks

17. I use Task Coach to manage the work I receive from my clients. I would like to be able to track and trend the lag time between when I receive a task versus when it is started or completed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Each time I start Task Coach I must sort by "priority", "due date", "category", then "completion date". I must also do this after entering new tasks as well. Doesn't automatically sort to the current settings. Doesn't take very long but, inconvenient anyway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If new tasks aren’t sorted by the one main final sorting, that is a bug. Task Coach doesn’t officially support multiple sorting parameters yet. That is a request:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/2448267-multiple-active-sort-criteria-sort-by-then-by-t

Please vote for that.

You might also want to vote for this:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/371680-save-presets-of-defined-filters-and-sorting

19. Please provide the ability to arrange & save view panes in a custom order/configuration & be able to create & name multiple configurations.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I used Task Coach with 2 screens and I closed it with the tasks window on the second one.
    Now, when I launch it with only one screen, only the main window is visible. And I cannot move the tasks window with the keyboard.
    Can you add a button to bring it back onto the main window ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?