Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. Hi, There doesn't seem to be a way to filter on other time periods other than "soon" and "overdue". I would really like to be able to filter tasks that are due in a week, a day, two days.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not true. What you mean is: you were more used to the old system. Please tell us what specific improvements to make to the new system to improve it. The old system was buggy and will not be brought back. We are very interested in making sure you are happy with the new system, but please have some patience.

You can simply type in the new system using arrow keys to change area and up/down to change value, but you can also just type things like 1/23/12 and 10:14 in the new system (include the slashes and the colon symbols) and it works perfectly! You can use “.” also instead so it works with just the numeric pad.

With the newest bugfix (will be in next version), copy and paste works again.

I suspect you simply have not realized how easy things are with the new system because…

3. I don't like the new time picker because I am no longer able to select the text of the time to copy and paste. I have the need to create new efforts and to make them fit between two other efforts I would copy the end time of one and copy it to the start time of the new effort. Then I would copy the start time of the following effort and paste that to the end time of my new effort. I am no longer able to do this. I tried to use an older version but I got…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

How about a much more reasonable request? This should have been: “Bring back copy and paste of time and date”

We get the message that copy/paste is important, so we’ll work on making sure it is possible with the new time picker. I’ve made a note of this.

The old time picker had many bugs and quirks that made it hard to work with and impractical to fix. The new picker is just in its first incarnation and will be improved.

Anyway, if you want to use previous versions of TC for now until we implement the improvements to the new picker, you can edit your .tsk file in a text-editor (but make backups please), and change the version number so it will open in old versions of the program.

Cheers,
    Aaron

4. On my system (Win7 Home ed. Toshiba widescreen) the font for the calendar time slots overwrites, making it unreadable.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have reminders display as cascade or random. A reminder pops-up at the instant that I'm clicking OK for another & it gets clicked instead. Then I'm wondering what did I just OK.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is it possible to add A sound definition system Either localized Sounds/Audible in the program+program directory w/ container control for the program it self or a section to Windows Control panel Sound ? ( even Mute for some circumstances)

I can not find basic alarm, tick sound, alarm sound verify or change - and it is very disturbing and further more - time consuming to re-check if an alarm exists .

Further more - I suggest ability for different sounds per groups of tasks reminders - such as :personal, meeting, urgent ,vacation,holliday ,travel etc.
    - and as well the ability…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Independent task list/tree window will be a nice addon as it will give a minimalastic view - current [view]> [new viewer] > [task] is good but it is bound to the main window - it will be great if I can have a task list window open independent of the main window.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. needs to synch mult desktop and devices to one database.
    Ideally "auto synch" via DropBox.
    Alternatively "button synch" ala MyLifeOrganized.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already requested, but this is in the Other Request section as it isn’t about the Desktop program.

You can go vote here:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26480-other-task-coach-requests/suggestions/2652582-a-full-android-version-of-task-coach-comparable-t

There are further notes in the comments there, such as that you can at least do a workaround currently with Todo.txtTouch for Android (not complete, but you can access and edit your tasks at least).

Also: the issue here is simply a matter of finding another developer with time as we can’t manage making an Android app currently. Please feel free to try to recruit someone to develop this!

Cheers,
    Aaron

• When I create a new task, I want to edit the subject first.
    • When I open an existing task I want to start at the bottom of the description to quickly add a note. Is there a way to make this an option in preferences?
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should not be a preference, it should work exactly as you are saying for new tasks and existing should probably go instead to whatever field was last used.

We aren’t going to make a preference specifically for starting existing tasks at the bottom of description, but the new task issue is a BUG. See:
    http://sourceforge.net/p/taskcoach/bugs/1294/
    and
    there’s other bugs too. We are aware of the issue. Thanks for your patience

9. I keep a running dated list in my description field. I would like to be able to sort by date to make sure that I have updated a task recently.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi!
    It would be very handy, If it would be possible to insert(attach) pictures easily (in my case screen-shots) , and it should be shown as an (or more) icon in the description panel -- and you could look at them, without closing the task description panel
    Tanks, Istvan

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When clicking 'New Task' it inserts it at the same level in the 'Subject' hierarchy as the currently highlighted task. This is instead of creating the new task at the top level of the 'Subject' hierarchy.
    This would give better control of task creation. It would save time re-selecting and moving tasks into adjacent levels (or creating sub-tasks in the upper level).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I use a view of my tasks listed by priority. My container tasks do not get a priority, only the leaf tasks. The child tasks are nowhere near the parent tasks when sorted by priority. Often, I need to add another task with the same parent. I would like to be able to quickly select the parent of a task to add a new task.

There exists "New subtask" in the context menu. "New sibling task" or "New task with this parent" or "New task at this level" would be great.

Actually I could see both being useful to some…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry there’s no easy way to merge. I’m closing this request, but please add your useful comments and votes to these existing requests:

http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/2139503-toolbar-button-command-for-new-task-at-the-same

http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/2661270-don-t-change-selection-when-inserting-new-subtask

Or if you have a suggestion as to how to phrase things to merge all these, I’ll try to close all but one and edit it to address all these related concerns.

Thanks!

13. Hello, (this message is translated from French with google translation)
    I coach utlise task to keep track of my hours of work activity.
    I have 2 main tasks and sub ​​tasks and project themes.
    To display the window I Subject and Effort (detail).
    Does the poster of subjects can still do this in the same way (in alphabetical order when I choose), but it stops all the time changed the order displayed. It is not pleasant to navigate.
    thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be nice if we can sync our tasks with google calendar. I use Google calendar because it send me a SMS for reminder, very usefull.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a duplicate request.

Please vote for existing requests:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/317496-sync-with-google-tasks

That above is probably what you want, but we’ve left open this other request for other types of syncing aside from the tasks aspect:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/648877-sync-with-google-calendar

Feel free to add comments there if appropriate. Please search for existing requests in the future. If you have ideas that are not already posted, we’ll be happy to hear them.

Cheers,
    Aaron

16. I've just started using this product and really like it. I have the following initial thoughts:

1. Allow for drag and drop of sub-tasks to move them under other tasks or to change their level in the hierarchy.

2. Allow those of us who do not want to use the progression tracking features of this program to turn them off. They just get in the way. Same goes for Prerequesites / Dependencies.

3. When entering dates (i.e., Due Dates) allow for entering just a date and not a time.

4. Allow for tasks to be treated as all day tasks and display them clearly…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please make separate feature requests for distinct ideas. Otherwise, how will people reasonably vote to support your suggestions?

Re: these,
    1. This is already the case. Drop any task on another and it becomes a subtask to it. Drag it to the bottom of the screen where there is no other task and it will move to the highest level (you may need to filter or search so that there is some white space). You can alternatively use copy and paste or “paste as subitem” commands. Basically this is complete.

2. This is already requested. Please vote for it here: http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/472334-make-task-progress-a-selectable-feature-to-turn-of

3. This is also already requested. See here (and notice that already if you use “end of day” and “beginning of day” in the preferences for the proposed times, it hides times so you can ignore time):
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/1865737-add-a-setting-to-hide-times-for-users-who-want-to-

4. this could be a separate request posting, but note that…

17. Users frequently needs additionnal fields to manage functions not covered by the software. It woul be fine to cover this request.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Colaborative function will be great

1 vote