Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. i have found your soft...fine !
    it would be useful to had "who" has a task in charge (in order to use it with a team or external persons or services).

thks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would be good, to add the feature to choose a range of Date (e.g. August - December 2012), and only export those Data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would very helpful to see the planner in order to know when can I set a date or a work to do. I could see what theys am I busy or free.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request, but there already is a calendar viewer. It shows planned tasks and such. Go to View > New Viewer

Otherwise, you might want to vote for this other request for the second part of your post:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/344994-when-setting-planned-time-mechanism-for-spreading

and/or this one:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/2105669-charts-to-show-the-load-of-work-and-tasks-in-the-n

Thanks

4. I think a good way to improve the potentiality of task coach is to allow users load their own scripts, i.e. in Python.
    I needed this functionality when I wished to use some time management tecniques ("Pomodoro" or "Bear" systems) and when I wished to export data to my favorite email client or to my mind-manager program.
    Why bother you to integrate a very specific functionality when you can use a generic one (scripting capability) and delegate other developers for specific issues?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I often need to track the duration of multiple concurrent tasks:

It would be great to have a separate 'running tasks pane' that lists all currently running tasks. This pane should be above the 'all tasks pane' with all the other tasks. Clicking the 'start tracking effort' button should start tracking effort for the marked task and move it into the running tasks pane. But it should not stop tracking effort for other running tasks. To stop tracking effort the task should be marked in the running tasks pane and then click the 'stop tracking effort' button. After that the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your post, it is a fine idea. It is a little too similar to this though:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/333841-tiny-window-w-current-tracked-task-recent-task-l

Please put your votes there and let us know or add a comment there if there is something specific you want mentioned about that request.

Note also that there is this too:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/538705-right-click-the-stop-tracking-button-to-select-whi

And, note that you can already track multiple by using cntl-E instead of the button/cntrl-T, this will start a new tracking without stopping previous, and with an effort viewer you can see the latest tracked tasks already, and these can be opened to then stop each of them.

I also have a couple ideas I want to add to these existing requests to make this situation clearer. So I plan to get this improved sometime soon.

Thanks, and let us know if you have other ideas (though try to look for existing ones first if you can, I…

6. Since every update you have been making, it's getting slower and slower. Please try to put some focus on the performance. Thanks for a great software.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the comment, but this is not a feature request. I’ve been working hard to sort everything, and I understand that this isn’t an obvious issue, how to post this…

I just recently already added a bug report about the sluggishness and some improvements have ALREADY been made and are available in the latest bugfix release:
    http://www.fraca7.net/TaskCoach-packages/latest_bugfixes.py

See my bug report here:
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3562836&group_id=130831&atid=719134

Feel free to add to that with specific comments you might have about where you notice performance issues (aside from the items already discussed there).

If you have specific requests or bugs, please let us know. And please feel free to get involved in actually discussing more open-ended stuff at the yahoo groups:
    for general users:
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/taskcoach/
    To discuss development:
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/taskcoach-dev/

Anyway, we appreciate your concern!

Cheers, Aaron

7. bonjour,

lorsque je fais un copier coller via outlook
    impossible d'enregistrer.

savez vous pourquoi ???

mercii

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "taskcoachlib\widgets\draganddrop.pyo", line 107, in OnData
    File "taskcoachlib\widgets\draganddrop.pyo", line 163, in onOutlookDrop
    File "taskcoachlib\widgets\itemctrl.pyo", line 156, in onDropMail
    File "taskcoachlib\gui\viewer\mixin.pyo", line 437, in onDropMail
    File "taskcoachlib\gui\viewer\mixin.pyo", line 408, in addAttachments
    File "taskcoachlib\gui\viewer\task.pyo", line 121, in newItemDialog
    File "taskcoachlib\gui\viewer\base.pyo", line 430, in newItemDialog
    File "taskcoachlib\command\base.pyo", line 58, in do
    File "taskcoachlib\patterns\observer.pyo", line 168, in decorator
    File "taskcoachlib\command\taskCommands.pyo", line 164, in do
    command
    File "taskcoachlib\patterns\observer.pyo", line 168, in decorator
    File "taskcoachlib\command\base.pyo", line 144, in docommand
    File "taskcoachlib\patterns\observer.pyo", line 517, in

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue/concern, but in Windows 7 64-bit, when a task reaches its due date/time, it doesn't change colors. I have to exit out of the program and log back in for the due tasks to change color. It would be nice if tasks would automatically change color (eg from black to red) when they become due.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the tabbed task window dockable so you can place the task details next to task task list. It would save me a lot of double clicking to access the details and read the task description/dates/attachments....

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a duplicate of this other request:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/330094-dock-task-editor-as-pane-in-main-window

But I actually closed that (see the link) because a functionally identical request has much higher votes. We want votes combined when they are for the same basic thing. But the dockable editor is indeed one idea for how to achieve the basic concept of a viewer that functions as the editor.

Please go vote for the main request mentioned in my note for the other duplicate.

10. Is it possible to assign tasks to different users? Would be nice to have this feature in software developement.

greetings

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I usually track back and forth among only a few different tasks on a daily basis. Some of these tasks are buried fairly deep in the task tree and digging for them disrupts my train of thought. If in most cases task switching were a simple button click away I think both productivity and time tracking accuracy would improve.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dear the team,
    I have a suggestion about create a new task that depends on other tasks:
    - Because the new creation task is only started when all prerequisite tasks are completed so when user check prerequisite tasks in Prerequisite tab of the new creation task, the "Planned start date" should be set to max "Due date" of prerequisite tasks.
    - But please note: user is not allowed to choose parent task, ancestor tasks as prerequisite tasks.
    Thanks & regards,

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not going to do this date idea. This is a misunderstanding of how prerequisites work in Task Coach. The whole point is that by planning tasks that have prerequisites, task coach actually stops them from showing up as late until after the prerequisite is completed. Your idea is fundamentally incompatible with this feature.

The issue about parent tasks as prerequisites is a real problem. I already opened a bug report about it however. That is here:
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3556225&group_id=130831&atid=719134

Thanks for your thoughts.

1. Work contact list. At a minimum it only takes one field "Last Name" - in order to operate WITH WHOM to work on this project.

2. Include contact to the task. For example, "Ivanov\call to the office". This means that I need to call to the office to Ivanov. At first you sort by category, then by task, and then by end-of-time tasks. By that I can to see in one place all the questions that I need to decide today with Ivanov. It's very convenient - meeting with Ivanov by chance on the street, look in your task list, and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think, usefull will copy default task to edit new task OR default task Save as... for new task. For example, from default task I making 2 parallel task in the diferent category

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It will be helpfull to have the possibility to move colums into the task panel

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It will be helpfull to view task highlighted according to priority

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It will be very convenient to have a panel to view task description; column view is not so comfortable

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently it's needed unnecessary 'right click' to open the menu on the system tray icon and select to resume/stop tracking the last task.

why don't do this just via click on the icon itself?

My suggestion is to add a setting that the user can enable/disable this feature, and after click on the icon- it's will show a notification ballon for 2 seconds - with the info of current operation (resume/stop - name/description of the task)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are more ways to resume effort tracking: 1) there’s the button on the main toolbar. 2) You can right-click a task and select the resume menu item there. 3) You can right click an effort and select the resume menu item.

Cheers, Frank

19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?