Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. Enable a drop down box that enables the filtering of categories in the main window. This is a much better way to filter out individual categories. i.e. a quick and easy way to filter work items and then quickly select home items, for example. The checkbox system is good for miltiple categories but not good for switching between single categories, because you have to uncheck the current categories and then select the new required category.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In addition to Frank’s comment about mutually exclusive categories, there are other ways to deal with this. First, there is already a menu item for View > Filter > Categories
    But that isn’t fast, but neither would a drop-down box be fast.

I think you should vote for this request:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/371680-save-presets-of-defined-filters-and-sorting

That would allow you to set up filters that do what you want and quickly pull down the preset from the preset menu or however that is implemented…

2. One click - mass cleaning database from old finished tasks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When you paste a task after a copy or a cut, iyou cannot choose where to paste it (ex: after a task or sub task, under a task...)

The idea is to allow to paste either above, under or as a sub-task of a current task.
    The choice could be given in the parameter menu so the user can choose the action by default.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is normal paste, which pastes as a top-level task, and there is paste as subtask. Paste after and paste before would make no sense at the moment as mulitiple sort orders are possible (by subject, by date, etc).

4. Stop Task Coach from auto-Sorting My Topics. I do not want ANYTHING sorted, so need Preference or option to prevent sorting on a Task. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting idea but it isn’t fully functional. If sorting were turned off entirely, you still couldn’t have your tasks in whatever order you wanted. You could get them in something like sort by creation date, but there’s already a request for that as a sort option:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/1060733-add-creation-date-field-column

But even then if you ever clicked to filter by a category, the lack of sorting would leave things moving around strangely after filtering.

I think the thing you really want is basically this request:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/881243-draggable-drag-and-drop-task-position

or this:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/289031-better-control-over-task-order

So please vote for those. Thanks.

5. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. suggest to make an option either to focus on reminder window when it pops up or not.
    I use task coach for abt 3 months. I type a lot and already had 4-5 times, when reminder window appeared during typing process and "enter" key was pressed. So I could not even see which reminder was it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When in a time-Drop-Down-Box it would be nice if you could change hours and minutes individually with the arrow keys. Minutes could at first round to the next quater of an hour and then rotate 15-minute-wise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great to get tasks autom. synchronize with ICAL on Mac or other systems' Cal. programs, without having to export them and import them later. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to be able to change the Calendar lettertype. It's too small and there's no way to make it different. In some calendar views it's difficult to read the task's text or the day title.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I see that in version 1.2.8 a new button in the effort dialog has been inserted (edit task). This is useful but would be useful too to add a News Task button along with the edit button.
    I found myself closing the effort dialog and create a new task and then get back to the new effort dialog to insert data in a new task/new effort.
    With the "New Task" button in the effort dialog box there is no need to close the effort dialog box, create a new task and then re-open the effort dialog box. Here is my…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest adding the possibility of customizing # adding task statuses (ex: Cancelled, Draft, etc...)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think it is difficult to implement but it can be interesting to have the option to increase the priority automatically as the due date of a task approaches

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest resource costs to insert single amounts of each resourse into the project. It is very important to change the time line with a gantt chart standard which is common to be used in all project management software and import files in .gan. It is needed a report application about the time spent into a project and report graphics.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Too many button clicks to add or edit an effort. Automate the following:
    1. Stop date should auto-update to equal Start date when Start date changed. 99% of efforts are within a single day. (configurable)
    2. Stop time should auto-update to be set to the Start time. This reduces the need to scroll the drop-down list when selecting a Stop time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not sure whether to call this “declined” or “complete” but we have implemented a new date/time system that solves the concerns here. There are many improvements that make date/time selection much easier, including several keyboard shortcuts.

With the about-to-be-released version 1.3.21, there is a relative time function to quickly adjust the effort end time to be relative to the start time.

We will soon implement this into the “idle time notice” (although not for 1.3.21 probably), and that feature is used to help if you accidentally leave an effort running overnight. We are not going to force overnight to be blocked though.

Scrolling is itself much less of an issue with the new system.

Cheers,
    Aaron

15. I use Dropbox to store and sync my task file. However I find that I leave Task Coach running when I go home at night, I would like to have the ability that Task Coach close the file after a period of no use. Or have the break lock feature also indicate which workstation should have the current lock (as Dropbox puts the lock back)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Phil, automatically closing the task file is not an option. Someday in the future Task Coach will synchronize the task file when you save it. That will solve your problem as well :-) Unfortunately, I don’t know when the synchronization feature will be done :-(

16. tray icons seem to have a grey background which looks sloppy on a dark icon tray. Perhaps png icons with transparent background would work better?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To report effort for any single month it would be nice to filter e.g. the project list by start- and end date. The list then should include only effort with lies in the interval.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add ticket numbers for each task with auto-incrementing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add a option or propieties for asign persons what make the task

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think it would be nice to be able to group multiple tasks into Areas / projects. An Areas / Projects would be presented as separate Tabs just under the toolbar. So one tab might be called "building Computer" and another might be "Organize Party". Another set of tabs might be "Work", "Home" & "Business"

At the moment, if you have them all in one massive set of tasks, the list can get large and cluttered.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?