Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. I would like to have a manager window for reminders, so that if I put a number of reminders for the same time, they will all come up in a box. From there, I could snooze individual reminders, mark some of them completed, etc. Outlook has a feature along these lines.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the calendar viewer the weekly view shows days but in the monthly view it does not. It would be good to have 'S' 'M' 'T' 'W' etc below the date to work out where work days are.

Also you should be able to define the working week in the references (normally Monday-Friday) with weekends being grayed out or a different color in the calendar views.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi

It would be great if the weekends are colored differently in the Calendar view

thanks

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Filters are great for controlling what is displayed in a specific viewer, but I think we need more of them. I'd like to see the current filter list expanded
    upon and also the ability to create custom filters.

As far as how to implement custom filters, I'm imagining a dialog box similar to smart playlists in iTunes. It would allow the user to select almost any of a task's fields then add comparison operators like =, >, <, 'between' for setting up ranges, 'contains' for use as a search filter and so on. Search filters especially would be extremely powerful…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently when a recurring task is completed, the Days Left shows the new number of days until the next occurrence but the Due Date remains the same as the original task due date. This should be changed to the new Due Date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Consider allowing the user community to pledge real funds towards a requested feature. There is one (Autosave every x minutes) that I would be willing to pay to help make happen.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In order to track time spent on "tracking the time" it could be useful if the app calculates the time when it is in foreground (in focus) and is being worked on (i.e. clicks within 10 seconds) and create a summary task at the end of the day amounting to total times (effort lines) spent on "time tracking"

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When "Mark task as complete, when all the subtasks are completed" is set to yes, the top task, shoulde'nt count in the overall %. So if you have a main task, and 3 subtasks, and two of the subtasks are marked as completed. The overall % would now be 50% instead of 3/4%.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Any way to implement item level instead of file level locking? That would let me share my taskcoach file on Dropbox or whatever and have it open in multiple places

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. The task item icons are large there is room to have inside them written the task priority.
    2. I would also love to have the option to have the icon colour be determined by the priority,not just task completion status
    9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not going to implement this request, but there is something that will be functionally close if implemented later:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/306168-possibility-fo-re-arrange-columns-with-drag-and-dr

Then the priority column could be put to the left of the subject to see priority next to the icons…

Or, you could vote for this:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/594235-import-new-custom-icons

Then you could make your own icons and make categories that use icons as you wish (although this won’t fully match the priority idea)

Otherwise, you can always try to get someone else to implement this. It’s Free-Open-Source software, after all.

Respectfully, Aaron

11. I would like to create more than one task at once.
    I have a list of over 50 tasks to do, and would like to have the possibility to create them at once.
    Proposal:
    The user just paste a List into a text field and every new row generates a new task.

Very important, too: edit tasks simultaneously. To give them the same time budget f.e.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1) Customizeable column name. So it can be used not only for task management but other management things as well.
    2) Moveable column. Static columns is not a good thing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would to have the ability to show/hide all tasks that have no due date. This would make things neater when making/printing a task list for the week. The list would not include any tasks that were created as folders with sub-tasks for organization purposes and only show the sub-tasks that require attention as work projects.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We have budget of time for a task and we have task duration. Dividing budget by duration yields how much effort per unit of time a task requires.

Summing up the effort per day of all the tasks within a day yields how much work has to put someone to do all the tasks.

If that effort goes beyond a certain amount (say, 8 hrs per day), Task Couch should let a user to level it automatically by postponing the tasks that to not have a fixed start date.

This feature requires:
    1) tasks with floating start date - required.…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is too complex and not easy enough to control, BUT most of what you want is possible already.

There is something like floating start date — there is planned start vs actual start. A task with an actual start is floating in some sense because it didn’t have a plan. A plan-only task that is past date is marked “late”
    Thus, it is possible to sort and determine the difference between planned and actually started, planned but late, and unplanned but actually started.

And there is already task prerequisites.

The one thing you still need is a quick calculation of sum for many tasks’ “Budget Left”

You should vote for this request:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/606269-section-in-status-bar-for-calculated-information-a

If you haven’t used Task Coach since posting this, consider trying the newest version. It might not be everything you want, but I think you can effectively get what you need…

15. The dropdown menu to select between those two takes up way too much space - can we simplify it to "Any" vs "All" and give an explanation in a hover-over or something? It's practically impossible to use the categories/subject search box because it's a good 250 pixels to the right.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re working on improving this. For now, the solution is: there is a menu option to change this in View > filter, and that way you don’t need to show this large dropdown menu. We’ll discuss further improvements too. Thanks.

16. For better overview, tasks with a lot of subtasks can stay collapsed, but come to attention, if one of these subtasks expires. Now you have to expand the tasks, to see the status of the subtasks.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show description on dedicated panel. It's hard to see description on column, since description can have very long lines/paragraphs. Description also can be edit immediately. See abstracspoon todolist for example.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice to have some kind of Deliverables. For example I have to complete task, but I can not work on in until john sends me the spreadsheets, and Anna some excel files.

Deliverables are not so much of a long shot, or major change, just imagine View>New Viewer>Deliverables.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. when we assign a category to a task, this one assumes the background and foreground colors but doesn't assume the font type

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?