Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. I would like to have a manager window for reminders, so that if I put a number of reminders for the same time, they will all come up in a box. From there, I could snooze individual reminders, mark some of them completed, etc. Outlook has a feature along these lines.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. suggestion ; Each task has a unique identifier code ( found under task properties, or in the body of the task ) which can be copied into other tasks. This would allow easy cross referencing of sub tasks. If you copied a task id, it would in effect be a url to that task which can be placed into other tasks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I believe the most frequent operation with TaskCoach is switching before tasks. Currently this is not very convenient: you must first click the task and then move mouse to toolbar and click "Start activity". There are alternative ways but these are not convenient either.

I propose that "Start activity" should be activated by double-clicking on a task.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m all open for suggestions on more convenient starting of effort tracking, but double clicking a task isn’t acceptable. Double clicking means “edit” or “open” in most if not all computer programs so making it do something else would be very surprising for users.

4. It would be useful to have default priority setting in preferences. I use the scale 0-6 with 3 being normal priority.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My tasks are always a week long, more or less, so the description is more than a few lines to see in column. It would be great to have a viewer, just like the notes, calender, timeline, etc. but with the description, so that I can select my task and view the description on the viewer and not in a little yellow box floating around.

It would be awesome if the description could be edited this way.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A fine request.

The way this will be implemented however, would be through these other requests:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/293262-task-notes-pane

http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/330094-dock-task-editor-as-pane-in-main-window

Please vote for those instead, and this request will then be possible if those (particularly the latter) are implemented

6. Until version 1.2.14 is is only allowed to cut and paste a note only in one and the same task.
    Please allow to cut a complete note from the notes window of one task and paste this note to the notes window of a different task in one of the next Task Coach versions, maybe already in version 1.2.15 ?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Using Task Coach under a proxy server today is not possible: please add proxy server feature, making SyncML working!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A simple contact list would be great

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I often have to create a task by copy'n'paste text from other programs (e.g. the JIRA bug number). It would be usefull to have the ability to create tasks by selecting an task in task coach and then press CTRL+V to create a subtask on the selected task with subject as the content of the clipboard

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A clock view would be great. You could set up a task and give yourself a certain amount of time to get it done. The timer would buz to let you know to stop. This could be great for time management. Say you wanted to write three articles for your website today, just give yourself 90 minutes to get it done.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice to have the possibility to hide tasks belonging to some given category.. In order to display "all tasks belonging to cat1, cat2 and cat3 but not belonging to cat4".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For example, a total time section in the status bar when selecting tasks in the effort view to easily see how many time you spend for a specified set of tasks.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This will help people migrating away from Lightning.
    At the moment v1.3.15 can only import CSV and text files (subject only), however it can export iCalendar.
    Thuderbird/Lightning also exports ics but it's CSV import/export of tasks seems very broken!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can we do another way how to set reminder for the task? Instead of putting specific date and time (mostly I am putting there the same like for suggested start) will be better to have there option like:

Remind - X minutes/hours/days - Before or After Planned Start / Before Due Date

And have preferred X minutes/hours/days in settings.

Then I can set it as 10 minutes before suggested start date and only enable the reminder where I need. I don't need to select date and time.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I sometimes write additional information in the description of a task and then forget about it.
    It would be nice to be visually reminded that there's more information available.
    Unfortunately I can't train myself to mouse over items before I act on them.

This could also be useful for notes or other things.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To see description now, use a description column.

But I strongly support your request, I just think it should apply to many more columns than just description. Could you please vote for my new request here:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/3071426-add-icon-only-iconized-option-for-most-columns

It’s more general and has more clarity about the goal of having indicator icons for the presence of more types of information.

17. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi,One of the great recent features introduced to Task Coach is the pop up option that recognises you have been inactive, giving you the option to either 1. stop time recording when you became inactive, 2. stop when inactive and start now or 3. do nothing.

Would it be possible to add another option that stops time when you became inactive and starts recording time on another task at that time.

Currently i have to stop the time recording, start a new task and then edit it to correct the start time.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re discussing improving the idle time notice, but we’re not going to add the specific request you wanted here.

Here’s what to do:
    after stopping the task at the inactive time, just use cntrl-E when you start your other task and choose the button “Start tracking from last stop time”
    That’s pretty simple and gets exactly what you want here. It isn’t a complex edit, it is two quick actions not counting selecting which task you want.

19. When working on the same project several times a day, TC would list sub-tasks alphabetically, if it's sorted by start date. Would it be possible to list using two "layers", first by start date, then by the actual effort time, so you'd have all tasks listed in timely order? I pretty often use TC for customer reports, where it is necessary to document the development accurately.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Besides being workable by doing one sort and then the other, the full functioning of this will be accomplished by this other request:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/371680-save-presets-of-defined-filters-and-sorting

Please vote for that. Thanks!

Also, this is the exact mechanism, you could vote for that too:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/2448267-multiple-active-sort-criteria-sort-by-then-by-t

20. CSV export is limited to using a comma as delimiter but may texts contain commas which will mess up conversion of CSV to XLS files.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?