Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. I would love for attachments added to a category to appear against any tasks assigned to the category. I don't see myself using category attachments otherwise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Then don’t use category attachments. Other people might like them a lot as is. It’s easy enough to just go to the categories to get the attachments. I don’t think it is sensible to duplicate attachments to everything.

Maybe eventually if TC adds more non-linear linking features (a dream I have for someday/maybe), it will be easier to connect all these things, but it’s pretty functional as is.

2. To add named filters on viewing selected subtasks, for easy choice of view. Just add "Save View As".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why there is not start time and end time , in case I have more than one task per day, for example , like creating a meeting in outlook

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When working on the same project several times a day, TC would list sub-tasks alphabetically, if it's sorted by start date. Would it be possible to list using two "layers", first by start date, then by the actual effort time, so you'd have all tasks listed in timely order? I pretty often use TC for customer reports, where it is necessary to document the development accurately.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Besides being workable by doing one sort and then the other, the full functioning of this will be accomplished by this other request:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/371680-save-presets-of-defined-filters-and-sorting

Please vote for that. Thanks!

Also, this is the exact mechanism, you could vote for that too:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/2448267-multiple-active-sort-criteria-sort-by-then-by-t

5. As in MS Project, group of selected tasks could be updated through single window (Multiple Task Information) for some attributes with the same data in one shot edit and leaving other attributes unchanged.
    ex. Set the due date to group of selected tasks through one edit to the Due Date box only once.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great to add the calendar or Dates in Notes. It is useful when we use task coach to create daily journals. Also, the arrange by date in the viewer would be great implementation together with this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. for example i attach an Excel dokument and i can edit it without starting MS excel - as an embedded Object.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If there was a way that you could sync with blackberry tasks I would not have to use all the work arounds that I use just to get my tasks on the desktop. I love Task Coach!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For example, a total time section in the status bar when selecting tasks in the effort view to easily see how many time you spend for a specified set of tasks.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable filtering in effort view, to allow separate reporting of effort by categories. So different categories can be used for different clients for example - currently, further manual processing is required to extract this information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Somewhere in preferences, the user should be able to customize the priority scale -- by specifying the highest point, the lowest point, and the direction of the priority scale. This matters when it it comes to sorting or using the priority-changing buttons, among other things. (Personally, I was surprised by the default scale. Like many people in political organizing or electoral politics or even sales, I'm used to a simple 1-5 scale. Others prefer a 1-3 scale. (But "-1" thru 7 scale is just bizarre, I think. And that's what my default scale appears to be. Or so it seems.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

See my comment below.

I think that adjusting to the infinite/relative scale of TC is a shift of mindset from the way other programs work, but in the end TC’s system is better. To be clear: you can already use whatever scale you like. You can limit yourself to any range and/or use category tags.

12. something like a checkbox, a field to whom the task was delegated and a date to remind me to ask for the result - no interaction with another calendar file or something like that

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would suggest when a parent category is checked/selected for viewing, all underlying child/sub categories are also checked. Conversely, if the parent category is unchecked, its child categories are also unchecked.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to have web 2.0 of Task Coach

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pack the source to a .jar file, so that the application can be installed on java enabled mobiles.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Often my tasks are connected to persons. So I would have a field, where I can say that I have to do with Paul and Anton.
    In a view where I can group the tasks by contacts I easily get the tasks have to check with Paul.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. it would be great if you can filter a category by only selecting it instead of toggling/detoggling it. It's a waste of time! and very annoying. for the rest great app!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I found a similar suggestion was made but closed as being too vague. Sorry I too am vague -- but I do not know how the feature I would like should be implemented as I don't know what is available. I can only describe problem and hope it makes sense to solve it?

I use the 'same' tasklist file on on three Windows PCs - two desktop machines and one netbook. I tried using one copy on USB stick but I do not have ready access to USB ports on one of the machines, making that method difficult.

My problem…

240 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is functionally a duplicate of the most popular request:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/288999-enable-multi-user-task-management-

That request is already underway. Multi-user in this case could be multiple desktops run by the same person.
    As development continues, the feature can be tested from the prerelease:
    http://www.fraca7.net/TaskCoach-packages/latest_features.py

Otherwise, any cloud service can already work with the current full release, you just can’t have more than one desktop using the file at the same time. So DropBox or Ubuntu One etc. are all you need. Or for the most control, run your own server with OwnCloud (http://owncloud.org/)

20. The Description of a task should be shown as preview text below the task entry and not as separate column (optional). The same goes for notes. Or as incorporate a complete preview pane below the tree, as already mentioned.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m closing this because it really is just a duplication of these more popular requests:

https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/466618-adding-an-edit-viewer

http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/293262-task-notes-pane

Please consider moving your votes to those. We will not be separately considering the request here. Those other requests are the way this will be implemented.
    Thanks

• Don't see your idea?