Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request isn’t clear, and I’m guessing the current updated version is functional. Please add more specific request based on current TC version if you still have a concern.

2. I realize you CAN do this, I just think that the priority column should be there by default, because I think a lot of users do want to sort by priority rather that date or name.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can’t satisfy everybody with their favorite default settings unless everybody would have the same, and we know that’s not going to happen :-) That’s why you can change many settings and have Task Coach remember them for you.

3. I have gone through all the options in preferences. I did not find any option that makes task coach appear at system star tup. Only at installation, this app asks the user for starting system startup. If I overlooked any option, please just inform it. It is better if you provide an option in preferences to make the app start at system start up time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this yourself: simply drag and drop the Task Coach executable into the Startup menu (drag Task Coach over the Start button on the lower left of your screen to open the menu and then navigate to the Startup menu and drop it there).

4. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd like to edit tasks without double clicking on each. And it would be nice to quickly see the full details of any selected task.

it should be possible to handle the "task editor panel" as a 'view' (such as 'notes', 'categories' ...). Then its content updates according to selected task.

Obviously, the editor should update to follow whatever task is selected in the task viewer.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It happens quite often, I leave of switch off my computer and TaskCoach keeps running.
    An Idle detection would be great in such cases. If the idle time is passed, I would like the following choises:

1. Keep on tracking the task (including the idle time)
    2. Keep on tracking the task from now on
    3. Stop tracking
    4. Select another task

Thanks in advance!
    Gábor

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd love to see widget like buttons that can float on the desktop at all times so that with one click I can start/stop tracking effort.
    this would help when I am doing many different jobs at once and changing from task to task often.
    Perhaps the ability to create unique widgets depending on the tasks I am working on at any given time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I´m not really sure what you mean (floating buttons?). Could you provide a more elaborate description?

Also, when you right click the task bar you get a menu that lets you start and stop effort tracking. Why isn´t that sufficient?

8. When I want to add new tasks, I often do not need to give it a description. In these cases, the new task dialog that pops up is one step too much. I would like to have a quick way to add new tasks by just giving a subject/title of the task. Why not have some kind of text field where you just type the subject, press enter and have the new task listed (like entering statuses in Twitter). Any other info such as descriptions, efforts, attachments, etc. could still be added later using the existing detailed task dialog.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You don’t have to enter a description, you can simply type a subject in the task edit dialog and then hit enter to close the task edit dialog and have the new task appear in the task list. This creates a new task titled Foo:
    Foo. How much quicker can you get?

9. ... in order to see who has the task momentarily.
    I think on a task, worked by a team.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I thought it would be cool to have addon availability for things like syncing to calendars (google, or sunbird, etc)

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Indeed, the comment below is correct. This has been duplicated. I’d like to have left THIS open because it is older, but I’m closing it in favor of the other request because the other has more votes.

PLEASE MOVE YOUR VOTES HERE:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/1964563-plugin-based-design-scripts-scriptable-options

It is unfortunate that the gratis version of UserVoice doesn’t allow merging.

11. When we edit a time in the effort dialog box we must type a time like this "17:25:36".
    It would be easier to type "17.25.36"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi guillaume,

Assuming you usually only have to type hours and minutes you just need to type one colon (:). I don´t know any program that uses a dot to separate hours and minutes, so most users won´t guess that they can use a dot. Conclusion, I´m not going to implement this.

Sorry, Frank

12. I would like a delete button to clear all efforts for a task, without having to open the task and delete.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option in preferences that would force "edit Effort" for adding Description when Effort is stopped. This would be good to help putting notes from what has been done on that effort to get task done.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For start date driven taks - Start date + budget = end date. For end date driven tasks- start date <= end date - budget

If budgetted time so should scheduled dates

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If you want to move a due date to the near future you actually need to open the task and than change the dates and save it - it would be much easier to change it by the context menu - so you can have a menu item "change dates" -> due date / starting date etc. -> and than a selection of 1 Day, 2 Days, 1 Week, 1 Month -> so the due date or the other selected date are moved in the future by the selected amount of time.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I don't know anyone who allocates task times to the second. Can the the units be changed to days & hours (at least). or maybe weeks, days & hours

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The way TC works now, a day = 24 hours for budget, and that isn’t what you want because you don’t want to budget all day. You can already do hours.

It may be silly to budget to the second, but it isn’t a real problem. Many people do budget by minutes though.

If you otherwise want to stop something after a certain number of days or weeks, you can use a due date.

I think the best way to achieve the idea pf allocating a limited number of days to a task (aside from a due date) is:

• create a task with a recurrence
    • mark it to repeat daily
    • mark recur after the last completion
    • make it stop after a number of times.

This way, you will mark off a day of work on this task by marking it complete, but it will recur for…

17. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adding a tasks archive, it could be a "category type" regular\archive. but the default functionality of an archive category will be not to show tasks by default unless marked.

This could be useful, even for to-do lists that their start date are so far that you don't want them clouding the list for now.

Another way this could be useful, is when you want to check if a task is already done, and when it were completed. Especially when there is more than one person marking and adding tasks.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request is mixing several ideas.

One idea is a “someday/maybe” category which is separate from just inactive unplanned tasks. Personally, I just use priority to lower certain unplanned tasks in the inactive tasks list. But you can just make a “someday/maybe” category, and you could hide it if this other request is implemented:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/563259-show-all-but-selected-categories

Another issue brought up in this request is hiding tasks with far off planned dates. I like that idea a lot, and there is already a request to filter by date range:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/342012-filter-tasks-and-efforts-by-date-range

To see tasks that are completed, you can already show completed tasks, and these can be filtered by category and sorted by completion date.

To otherwise handle this archive idea, you could either make an “archive” category (which would also go with the request above to hide select categories), or you could export the tasks to a different .tsk file. See my…

19. It would be good to be able to use tags. It is an easy way to mark up the information, making it easy to use the search function.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Autosave Function: Unless I missed something I can only choose between immediate save (slow) or manual (unsave). To have an option to automatically save my work (let's say every ten minutes) would be great!

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just a note to everyone: recent updates have greatly improved the efficiency of the saving process and reduced the amount of auto-saving so there is less waste and less slowness. So we are closing this request.

Thanks,
    Aaron

• Don't see your idea?