Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. When I change dates for a task, the changes are shown instantly but the sort order is not updated to reflect the changes.

Similarly, when I leave my computer on for the night, Task Coach does not update the tasks to reflect the fact that it's a new day and some things should now be due or overdue.

Switching the display format (task list/ task tree) redraws everything properly, but that's a little cumbersome.

Ideally, I wouldn't have to worry about this at all (clean up the internal notifications?), but as a quick fix I'd be more than happy with…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Definitely we have many particular things to be controlled, but at the same time we also need to review the whole development of task on the a longer span(timeline), so i really hope a gantt chart including all events on the task instead of using both ganttproject & taskcoach separately.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'd like synchronization with other PCs (like Dropbox) or with a web service (like Remember the Milk). Maybe you could work with them :D

I use Dropbox and I know they accept addons. You can create one that put Task Coach's database in Dropbox's folder and viceversa to synchronize PCs :)

You also could see a way to synchronize with Remember the Milk.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When pasting text from external program (e.g. MS-Word) to TaskCoach text may contain formatting information. For example text can contain captions which are in large font. This formatting will come into Task, Note and Category description field. Very often it is preferred not to contain those formattings. At least there could be pop-up menu (mouse left button usage) which could contain: "Paste" and "Paste as text". Default behaviour should be: "Paste as text". Copying and pasting text from description field in TaskCoach contains also formatting information: the text is very small font. Usually target application contains Edit -> Paste Special…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request is more of a bug, although it isn’t a real issue.

TC does not actually store text formatting at all. So even though when you paste, the text looks formatted, the format is not saved. When you return to the text later, it will just be plain text that matches the settings for TC overall or for that task’s appearance settings.

There is a request for TC to handle formatting (i.e. rich text), and you might want to vote for it:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/1785519-notes-other-panes-support-rich-text

Along with rich-text support, I would hope that Task Coach would include a common feature in most text programs: “paste and match style”
    That would avoid the concern you have here. Also, when copying text out of TC into some other program, that command is what you should use if you want to ignore the text format from TC.

5. Additional filtering on the categories where you filter on any where the selection is NOT in the task.
    Example: several tasks have several different categories, I would like to see all that do not fall under the category A. I select category A in the list and set the filter on all categories NOT selected. This should show all other tasks.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Task plans are sometimes very confidential. Is it possible to automatically store the task file with encryption? This would ensure the content is safe independent of who administrates the file system, backups and so on.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a two reasons why I don’t want to implement this:
    1. Many people using Task Coach are computer novices. I know some of these people are going to forget their passphrase (or don’t even realize they have encrypted their task file at all) and blame Task Coach (or us) for losing their data.
    2. People that really need it can use other options to store their task file encrypted, such as a TrueCrypt volume.

Cheers, Frank

7. I would like to put a picture in the description of tasks via clipboard; strg-c + strg-v.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. in task tree window and edit task dialog box open, it would be nice if content is synchronized when switching from one entry to another; offering a way to easily check and update task content

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I assume you just mean that the views aren’t refreshing even when changes are made. Therefore, this is a bug, but I think it has been fixed. If you think there is still a bug, please report it as a bug at sourceforge. If you are requesting some feature differently from what I’m assuming, please clarify.

9. There should be a way to skip a single task, and also a way to skip all missed occurrences of a task up to the present time.

I often have tasks that would be ideal to do daily, but are low priority. If I miss a week's worth, it is inconvenient to go back and mark them
    as completed one at a time so that the task isn't overdue.

Here's the original poster's idea, which i completely agree with:
    On weekly recurring taks like a meeting I would like to habe the option to skip this task instead of marking…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Consider voting for this other request: http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/1145153-mark-task-as-cancelled-?ref=title

Otherwise, to skip recurring tasks, you can just mark them complete and they won’t stay complete, they will be set instead to recur. I use a composite task called “daily” and put all my daily stuff in there, and whether or not I did everything, when I mark “daily” itself done, the whole set recurs as I want for the next day. (note that this setup has only the composite task set to recur, and that makes the subtasks recur automatically, as long as the subtasks have planned start times set)

10. Hi,

If you use a tasks file in a central place, and add attachments, these attachments can't be shared by other users of the same tasks file.

Regards,
    Kobi

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)