Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. Hi,
    You’ve done a nice job with you program and like it a lot. I have a few suggestions.
    1: When printing the column description needs to be printed at the top of each printout page.
    2: When printing all column the descriptions that are active need to print. For instance if you activate the Note column it does not show up in the print preview or the printout.
    3: Give the ability to edit the fonts in the Description and Notes category.
    4: Under the Progress tab add the ability to create a Status description.
    5: Under the Dates…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am just changing PC and OS from XP 32 to W7 64. I very much appreciated Taskcoach. The "win32" on installer name is very confusing now that most pc are installed with 64 bits OS. Also I found nowhere in the first pages of the site the answer to the question "Does it work with 64 bits XP, Vista, or 7" (only one post in the FAQ saying "it should" ... not very encouraging. Thanks anyway for youy excellent software.
    Guy

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Task Coach is a 32 bit application. The 32 is added by the tools that build the installer. I guess we could remove it, but it would mean changing the default behavior of third party tools. We don’t feel it’s worth it.

3. le attività devono aprirsi al click del mouse sulla rispettiva categoria e non cliccando il segno di spunta accanto alla categoria

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. quando si inseriscono gli allegati devono potersi inserire (come allegati) anche le cartelle cosa che ora non avviene.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please create a separate pane (window or a separate view mode) that shows only active tasks (actions), and allow the task within that window to be move up and down in order of priority. When a list of all task is very long the ability to view active task in separate window will make it easier to organize active things and concentrate on what is to do right now.
    Ability to move up and down as a way of indicating priority is better then giving some points, 1-5 for example.

If task has a subtask allow only a subtask to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all your thoughts.

You can already view your task list as a tree or as a list, and in list view you can choose to hide composite tasks.

Also, you can move up and down in priority in either view and sort that way.

You can hide inactive tasks already.

Really most of what you are asking for already exists.

Otherwise, I think you are wanting to vote for this request:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/333841-tiny-window-w-current-tracked-task-recent-task-l

If you have other specific feature requests that aren’t already requested, please share them as individual particular items.

Thanks

6. Add the ability to set a status on a task - specifically, in my case, when a task is stalled - "Waiting On" and then the ability to add in either a condition that needs to be fulfilled, or a contact person. For example, I can't proceed further with task X until Joe Blow sends me missing information.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is an excellent product, but I would like a way to subtract effort. Sometimes I track effort by accident, and I need to remove it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently whenever I open a new effort the cursor is placed in the "Task" field. It should be in the "Description" field, as that is the most likely place to want to next add information.

Task has already been selected prior to creating the effort. It's not very likely to be modified at this point in the workflow.

(TaskCoach 1.3.9 on Windows 7)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The task is not necessarily the correct one as you can also create a new effort via the New→Effort menu. Also, people may also this menu option to create an effort record “after the fact”, i.e. when they forgot to start the clock. In that case they are likely to edit the times first. So I’m not convinced the description is usually the first field people want to edit.

9. I use my parent tasks as categories and often want to have the option to have them remain visible even when all of their subtasks have been completed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Michael, I’m not sure why you are using tasks as categories when Task Coach supports proper categories. Anyway, if you want to keep the parent tasks visible when hiding completed tasks I’d suggest to keep them not-completed. You may want to change the setting for marking tasks completed when all their subtasks are completed (see the preferences to change this globally). Regards, Frank

10. When starting Windows together with TaskCoach, I would like to have a special start-option that causes only due and overdue tasks are displayed in a special window. Additionally there should be two buttons: 1st to continue to 'normal' TaskCoach processing and 2nd to exit from TaskCoach.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

No. If you make a mistake, you can always use Undo to undo your changes.

The underlying reason is that we plan to implement a “pane” for displaying and editing a single task, like in a mail reader where you view an email message in a pane. Since panes are not floating windows they can’t have “close” and “cancel” buttons.

12. I'd really like ot have the priority column closer to the Subject column but being able to arrange them in any order would be great!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The last version really accelerate the refresh screen (Version 1.3.9 March 8, 2012)
    But:
    Each time I want to create a new task or subtask, it takes about 15 seconds.
    When I want to modify the dates, it still takes 10 s.
    Thank you for your work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You should not be able to enter a deadline before the beginning time.

Also, for delay before notice alarm, maybe simple is better: just let the user enter a number, and then a unit ( minutes, hours, day, week, months, year, etc) instead of proposing a long list of unit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not going to implement too many things that block the settings. Users ought to start tasks before the due date, but Task Coach isn’t going to force them to do that.

An improved date selector (something we hope to work on eventually) will help users to make less careless mistakes with entering date.

Otherwise, you second issue is a duplicate of this:
    https://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/389020-user-entered-snooze-period

Regards,
    Aaron

15. Permitir separar por data para impressão.
    dessa forma poderá ser controlado a produção do dia ou semana ou qualquer outra data

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be very useful if I could create a list of tags and add these tags to tasks. For example "meeting", "phone call" etc. or even "I don't like it but it's necessary". And of course possibility to filter and sort by tags. For example - get all phone calls that I have to do.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to use custom icons in task coach.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My eyes are not so good any more. And so it's quiet exhausting to use the software. - Please make it possible to change the text for creating new tasks. - It really would be great! - Thank you very much in advance!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am sure this was a feature in previous versions, but appears to have been deprecated... I am tempted to downgrade to get it back!

When calculating my monthly hours, it was really handy to be able to click the '-' icon alongside a main task to wrap it up and see the total time of all subtasks at a glance. Now i have to tot them up manually, which kind of defeats the object.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently one can control the fonts for Task Subject lines by type. I would like the ability to control fonts within the task Description. I use the description to store task notes that would be much easier to work with at time if I can use mono-space fonts and colors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?