Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. This would allow me to create a single effort for a specific task, but allow the effort to be "interrupted" by other work on another task without having to create a NEW effort just to track the time when I return to working on it. Right now I end up with multiple entries all for the same effort in order to track the time spent. This could also lead in to the ability to right-click on an existing effort and start tracking it again from that moment in time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The restarting of efforts is already possible, although it will create a new effort record. Implementing what you suggest would just lead to another level of efforts, since Task Coach needs to keep track of the start and stop times of individual efforts and people will want to be able to edit those attributes.

Cheers, Frank

2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am constantly switching between categories . When I have categories with a lot of nested sub tasks it can stall for 5-10 seconds and I am not sure if I have clicked or not. So I try and click and end up clicking and unclicking the category.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please open a bug report for this and attach your task file. If your task file contains sensitive data please wait until the next release, due this weekend; it will contain functionality to anonymize your task file. Thanks.

5. When I created New Subtask, mouse location jump to that Subtask. Then I must highlight again his parent to create a New Subtask, it's really inconvenion.

It's good if mouse location is still in parent when I create subtask, then I can create many subtask quickly.

Waiting for reply... Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Either to be able to make a report for only a given period of time including all efforts within that period or better yet, filter the efforts view to show only efforts for a given week. If efforts could then be categorised and the filter subsequently accepted these categories, it would be possible to quickly invoice the time spent on different tasks this week (or month or what not).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. so it would be possible to quickly change tracking between ex. two most recently tasks that you are working on (one right-click for tray menu, second click for stopping current task and starting tracking another task which has been tracked before)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. make task to WBS

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are so many options to use TC which is excellent. But switching between them is somewhat difficult. Therefore it would be desired to have store- and retrieve-able "Scenarios" for the User interface setting. E.g. having one Scenario as the set for the planning (Task-hirarchy and sub-tasks, timeline/calender view, no filter, some categories selected), while another one might be for daily operation (open task list (filtered from already completed or non-active) filtered by those due within the next 2 weeks, for certain categories), or just Scenarios for the job, private, you club, etc.
    Implementation: basically the information seems to be…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have lots of tasks and i usually have all items collapsed. So i can't see my due soon tasks unlless i expand all itens. I would be easyer to see my due soon tasks if the parents taks also change its color.

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A few month ago there were a future request "289831: Don't destroy unsaved data when escape key is hit".
    The user were asking for a ok-cancel dialog window on closing of edit task pop-up if ESC button is pressed.

This request was closed by implementing Immidiate saving behavior.
    It solves the problem of loosing changes by hitting ESC, but now it causes loosing of changes in other circumstances:
    When I change task details by mistake I can not take the changes back.
    In past I just pressed the ESC to do that.

Also in task list window, when I press…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nari,

If you make a mistake you can simply use Ctrl-Z (Undo) to undo your changes. The immediate editing is not going to be removed because we need it for future changes. Of course, we will keep an eye on performance. It would help us if you could send us a task file (possibly anonymized with Help→Anonymize) and tell us what actions exactly are slow for you. Please use the bug tracker for that.

Thanks, Frank

12. on the effort form when the user selects multiple efforts it would be helpful to see the total time spent on the selected items displayed somewhere on the form.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Filer tasks by hiding those in a certain category, i.e. reverse of current category filtering.
    Useful for hiding tasks in a "blocked" category or all tasks not categorised.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi,
    I would like to be able to sort for a particular due date and printout just those tasks.
    I would like to also be able to sort for a particular master task and that master task's subtasks and be able to printout just those tasks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What you describe in the title of your request is already possible. In the body of your request, you say “sort for a particular due date” but I guess you meant something like filtering all tasks due before a certain date? Anyway, that is also possible right now (See the View→Filter menu).

15. I try to keep things organized by task and sub-task, but there are a number of different projects in my tree, with many tasks, and the categories and budget are different for many of them. This makes using templates almost self-defeating; I'd have to have a template for each sub-sub category, and remember to add from the right template each time...

But this could be avoided if there were, say, an "allow inherit" checkbox in the Preferences, with certain properties that a "new sub-item" could inherent. Like maybe checkboxes to allow inheriting individual properties like categories, and budget.

This would…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like to click on a date and see at a glance what I did and when I did it

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I often don't switch off my computer when going home but just switch it into the stand by mode, because it is faster. And of course I forget to stop time tracking in the TaskCoach. It would be great if TaskCoach wouldn't think that I work during my PC is in stand by mode.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently it's needed unnecessary 'right click' to open the menu on the system tray icon and select to resume/stop tracking the last task.

why don't do this just via click on the icon itself?

My suggestion is to add a setting that the user can enable/disable this feature, and after click on the icon- it's will show a notification ballon for 2 seconds - with the info of current operation (resume/stop - name/description of the task)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are more ways to resume effort tracking: 1) there’s the button on the main toolbar. 2) You can right-click a task and select the resume menu item there. 3) You can right click an effort and select the resume menu item.

Cheers, Frank

1. Work contact list. At a minimum it only takes one field "Last Name" - in order to operate WITH WHOM to work on this project.

2. Include contact to the task. For example, "Ivanov\call to the office". This means that I need to call to the office to Ivanov. At first you sort by category, then by task, and then by end-of-time tasks. By that I can to see in one place all the questions that I need to decide today with Ivanov. It's very convenient - meeting with Ivanov by chance on the street, look in your task list, and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I often need to track the duration of multiple concurrent tasks:

It would be great to have a separate 'running tasks pane' that lists all currently running tasks. This pane should be above the 'all tasks pane' with all the other tasks. Clicking the 'start tracking effort' button should start tracking effort for the marked task and move it into the running tasks pane. But it should not stop tracking effort for other running tasks. To stop tracking effort the task should be marked in the running tasks pane and then click the 'stop tracking effort' button. After that the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your post, it is a fine idea. It is a little too similar to this though:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/333841-tiny-window-w-current-tracked-task-recent-task-l

Please put your votes there and let us know or add a comment there if there is something specific you want mentioned about that request.

Note also that there is this too:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/538705-right-click-the-stop-tracking-button-to-select-whi

And, note that you can already track multiple by using cntl-E instead of the button/cntrl-T, this will start a new tracking without stopping previous, and with an effort viewer you can see the latest tracked tasks already, and these can be opened to then stop each of them.

I also have a couple ideas I want to add to these existing requests to make this situation clearer. So I plan to get this improved sometime soon.

Thanks, and let us know if you have other ideas (though try to look for existing ones first if you can, I…

1 2 5 7 9 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?