Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

370 results found

1. It would very helpful to see the planner in order to know when can I set a date or a work to do. I could see what theys am I busy or free.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request, but there already is a calendar viewer. It shows planned tasks and such. Go to View > New Viewer

Otherwise, you might want to vote for this other request for the second part of your post:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/344994-when-setting-planned-time-mechanism-for-spreading

and/or this one:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/2105669-charts-to-show-the-load-of-work-and-tasks-in-the-n

Thanks

2. Would be good, to add the feature to choose a range of Date (e.g. August - December 2012), and only export those Data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I use a view of my tasks listed by priority. My container tasks do not get a priority, only the leaf tasks. The child tasks are nowhere near the parent tasks when sorted by priority. Often, I need to add another task with the same parent. I would like to be able to quickly select the parent of a task to add a new task.

There exists "New subtask" in the context menu. "New sibling task" or "New task with this parent" or "New task at this level" would be great.

Actually I could see both being useful to some…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry there’s no easy way to merge. I’m closing this request, but please add your useful comments and votes to these existing requests:

http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/2139503-toolbar-button-command-for-new-task-at-the-same

http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/2661270-don-t-change-selection-when-inserting-new-subtask

Or if you have a suggestion as to how to phrase things to merge all these, I’ll try to close all but one and edit it to address all these related concerns.

Thanks!

4. Hi!
    It would be very handy, If it would be possible to insert(attach) pictures easily (in my case screen-shots) , and it should be shown as an (or more) icon in the description panel -- and you could look at them, without closing the task description panel
    Tanks, Istvan

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is it possible to add A sound definition system Either localized Sounds/Audible in the program+program directory w/ container control for the program it self or a section to Windows Control panel Sound ? ( even Mute for some circumstances)

I can not find basic alarm, tick sound, alarm sound verify or change - and it is very disturbing and further more - time consuming to re-check if an alarm exists .

Further more - I suggest ability for different sounds per groups of tasks reminders - such as :personal, meeting, urgent ,vacation,holliday ,travel etc.
    - and as well the ability…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On my system (Win7 Home ed. Toshiba widescreen) the font for the calendar time slots overwrites, making it unreadable.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I don't like the new time picker because I am no longer able to select the text of the time to copy and paste. I have the need to create new efforts and to make them fit between two other efforts I would copy the end time of one and copy it to the start time of the new effort. Then I would copy the start time of the following effort and paste that to the end time of my new effort. I am no longer able to do this. I tried to use an older version but I got…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

How about a much more reasonable request? This should have been: “Bring back copy and paste of time and date”

We get the message that copy/paste is important, so we’ll work on making sure it is possible with the new time picker. I’ve made a note of this.

The old time picker had many bugs and quirks that made it hard to work with and impractical to fix. The new picker is just in its first incarnation and will be improved.

Anyway, if you want to use previous versions of TC for now until we implement the improvements to the new picker, you can edit your .tsk file in a text-editor (but make backups please), and change the version number so it will open in old versions of the program.

Cheers,
    Aaron

8. The usage of "," is causing many problems when importing into Excel as most text already containing ","

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You just voted for this existing request:
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/3809019-csv-export-with-different-delimiters-like-

So I’m closing this obvious duplicate. Please don’t add redundant clutter.

If this issue is serious enough problem that you think it should be considered a bug, you could post a bug report at
    https://sourceforge.net/p/taskcoach/bugs

Cheers,
    Aaron

9. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I use Task Coach at different computers (similar to "clients") in the office and at home. I use a *.tsk file in the lokal directory of a Webspace Server (I use ClipBox). This lokal file will be synchronised to the file in the Cloud automatically, if it is changed. This way I start with the newest *.tsk file version, if I open TaskCoach at the other computer.
    Maybe it is a good idea to implement this mechanism directly into TaskCoach without the ClipBox workaround.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What you’re asking is that Task Coach run some sort of server through which files are synced for all users who choose to use our service. We are not going to do that. Your syncing is not a workaround, it is the standard intended behavior.

If you think I am missing something else in your request, post a comment and we can revise the request.

Cheers,
    Aaron

11. I start up TaskCoach.
    I see the Subject (it should be named TASK) column and the Description column. If I check the View menu, I also have enabled, Percentage Complete, Attachments, Notes, Categories, and Priorities, none of which are shown on the screen.

I can open a New Viewer (Task) which then shows me Subject (which really should say TASKS), Categories, Due Date and Priorities, yet under columns, only Catagories and Priorities are enabled.

I suggest that in fact, the view operation is borken.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be really helpful if you can display the time spent timer for the task I am working on currently on the desk top (right top corner or floating). Now I have to open the task coach to see the current time spent. This will help to improve the productivity

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show description of the tasks in a separate window when you select it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For instance sort first on category then on priority

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Two new repeat options:

1. Mon -Fri
    2. Sat -Sun

It will be wery helpfull

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If I have a seperate subwindow that's not docked with the primary window and I click on INSERT it does not create a new entry.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. in task tree window and edit task dialog box open, it would be nice if content is synchronized when switching from one entry to another; offering a way to easily check and update task content

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I assume you just mean that the views aren’t refreshing even when changes are made. Therefore, this is a bug, but I think it has been fixed. If you think there is still a bug, please report it as a bug at sourceforge. If you are requesting some feature differently from what I’m assuming, please clarify.

18. I don't know anyone who allocates task times to the second. Can the the units be changed to days & hours (at least). or maybe weeks, days & hours

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The way TC works now, a day = 24 hours for budget, and that isn’t what you want because you don’t want to budget all day. You can already do hours.

It may be silly to budget to the second, but it isn’t a real problem. Many people do budget by minutes though.

If you otherwise want to stop something after a certain number of days or weeks, you can use a due date.

I think the best way to achieve the idea pf allocating a limited number of days to a task (aside from a due date) is:

• create a task with a recurrence
    • mark it to repeat daily
    • mark recur after the last completion
    • make it stop after a number of times.

This way, you will mark off a day of work on this task by marking it complete, but it will recur for…

19. For start date driven taks - Start date + budget = end date. For end date driven tasks- start date <= end date - budget

If budgetted time so should scheduled dates

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ... in order to see who has the task momentarily.
    I think on a task, worked by a team.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 18 19