Skip to content

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Welcome to the Task Coach feedback forum. This forum is for the desktop (Windows/Linux/Mac OS X) version of Task Coach. Please stick to basic operation of the program itself. Requests that require the implementation of technology outside of the main program go in the “Other feature request” section.

Desktop version (Windows/Linux/Mac) of Task Coach

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

779 results found

1. Firstly - nice app, thanks.
    I find the task icons a little large - can there be a smaller icon to choose from perhaps with a smaller font to squeeze more in a smaller space?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great to add shorcuts for the all the options of TaskCoach. One shortcut that will be great to implement is to allow to select the different tasks with a shortcut. Right now I guess that the only way to do that is by clicking over the task list and then use the up and down arrows to move your way. It is the same for the categories. Ctrl+page down and Ctrl+page up just change the focus from the panel but doesn´t set the focus on the tasks...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think there should be some sound added when a task is completed. Being part of the millenials I find myself enjoying when I receive instant praise for a job well done and nothing is quite as good as hearing some congratulatory music when I level up or whatever in a game. This could add some fun to the program

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Use the background of the task view to display the progress value as a progress bar would allow user to have a synthetic view of progess of different tasks at a glance. This would require user to set two background colors or to create a function to alterate the background color to show progress...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give each task a unique (editable) reference number.
    1 - Would allow me to include it in emails etc so that when people reply weeks later I can quickly find the task
    2 - Allow me to change it to match the reference number in my company's task managing software so that I can link the two

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to be able to clone tasks and categories so that a given task or category can appear in multiple places within its respective tree. This would be similar to symbolic links in Linux. Deleting one instance of a task or category would not affect other instances. However, there should be some type of icon to indicate that a task or category has other instances within the tree.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I usually keep TaskCoach minimized to my system tray. When I have overdue tasks, TaskCoach alerts me once every day by creating and flashing a taskbar button. Instead, I would rather have an option for TaskCoach to alert me in the system tray (perhaps with an exclamation point icon superimposed on the TaskCoach icon), or even the option to turn off these alerts completely (I'll just go look at TaskCoach when I have time to work on tasks).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. With the "filter on any" and "filter on all" options, there is partial AND and OR filtering, but no NOT.

When you select categories to limit what is displayed in the Task tab it would be nice to being able to reverse that logic (show all tasks that do NOT belong to the selected categories). I know that I can accomplish this by selecting all the categories I want to see and not select the one I don't, but I a lot of categories and most of the time there would be only 1 or 2 categories I would like…

85 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I often use tasks which have relationships to one or more other tasks. Therefore a sort of "reference" would be very helpful. Using categories is often to global and you've to skim over all the tasks again.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to see a import functionality to import freemind mindmaps as task trees.
    Freemind is a great/fast and simple mindmapping tool to write ideas down. A import into taskcoach would make the lives of all freemind+taskcoach users easier.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest add revenue property to category (appliest to all tasks in category) in addition to present possiblity to set revenue for task (applies to all subtasks)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The hourly fee would be great, and other properties too like priority and dates (at least proposed if not checked). All these things should be able to be overridden by changing them in the subtask's editor, but new subtasks should be given these properties from their parent task.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. to make life easier, there should be a possiblility to set up a standard hourly fee in the references which should be used as a proposal in every new task

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. the total fee is resulting in all of the child items even if they aren't finished. It would be nice if there was a option or a new column with only finished total fees.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Users can go through calculating these relative times for reminders, but it would be nice to just easily set the reminder via a relative amount

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Calendar view with 3 months and 6 months

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I'm busy on one task and tracking the effort I am spending, I am often interrupted by a call or email and get caught up doing effort for another task.

It would be great at the end of the interruption to be able to quickly record the interruption without having to manually stop/start effort and adjust the effort records.

Something along the lines of: select task that you were diverted to and say 'Actually I spent the last 30 mins working on this task'. This would create a new effort record for this task that lasted from 30 mins…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have possibility to show reminders in calendar view. So you can easily see where you have it.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice to change the default appearance of all entries; not on a per entry or per-status basis. In this way, everybody can easily set Task Coach to his/her preferred readability.

For example, a dark background with light text could be a default. Without this option, there's no way to make categories have a dark background and light text without that overriding other appearance settings when a task has a category applied to it.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is now the possibility to set a default appearance for each type of task state in the preferences.

However, it could still make sense to have an overall default that would set all the states if they haven’t otherwise been customized. This would also allow something not currently possible: a default for the text in the category viewer.

Note, however, that there is a request already for global font-size change (though global change is not identical to the idea of a default)
    http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/468682-global-font-size-change

20. It would be great if when you hovered over a month, you would display a month view pop-up

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?